Staff welcome first residents to new 66-bed care home in Ely that boosts coffee bar, a library and even a cinema
- Credit: Archant
A 66-bedroom care home has opened in Ely that includes a cinema for residents, a coffee bar and providing up to 100 full and part-time jobs.
The Orchards opened officially on Friday and will become the 25th such facility provided by Greensleeves Care.
The state-of-the-art care home also features a physiotherapy room, several lounges, and a library and provides for both residential care and specialist dementia care.
Greensleeves Care is a registered charity and says it has built the Ely home within its long established principles "from which we have never wavered".
A spokesman said: "The staff never forgets they are guests in the residents' home and they consider ourselves privileged to share those homes with them.
You may also want to watch:
"Everyone at Greensleeves lives by this ethos. It empowers the residents to influence and drive the decisions that impact their lives."
Nick Broadbent, development director at LNT Care Developments said: "We are looking forward to seeing the care home become a fantastic local community facility."
- 1 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'
- 2 Fire destroys family bungalow in the Fens
- 3 G's to help save Christmas for poultry industry
- 4 Triple judo Olympic champion to give masterclass for Ely Dojo
- 5 New Ely cinema, royal visit, Welney gets a hall and Thomas a new car
- 6 Motion calls for community housing review in four villages
- 7 WATCH: Flying Scotsman steams through Cambridgeshire Fens
- 8 Seven men jailed for stealing bikes worth £70k
- 9 New-look Crusaders show fighting spirit to earn comeback triumph
Home manager Samantha Curran said: "The Orchards looks elegant and has been designed and furnished to the highest specifications. My team and I look forward to settling in at the care home and welcoming new residents who I am sure will be as impressed with their new home as I am."
It is based in Forsythia Road, Ely.