Cinema giant Cineworld to create 30 jobs in Ely at city’s Leisure Village
- Credit: Archant
Cineworld is to create 30 new jobs in Ely when it opens at the city’s Leisure Village later this year.
Bosses at the six-screen cinema are looking to fill those vacancies by hosting an open day for prospective employees at the Maltings on March 11 from 10am until 5pm.
Roles available include supervisor and team member, both on either a part-time or full-time basis.
Matthew Shaw, Cineworld Ely general manager, said: “I am very excited to be part of this new project and am looking forward to bringing a new multiplex cinema to Ely.
“Cineworld has fantastic career prospects and is a brilliant company to work for. We encourage local people and those with a passion for film to come down to the open day.”
You may also want to watch:
Councillor Ian Lindsay, Mayor and chairman of Ely City Council, said: “This is a hugely exciting time for everyone living in Ely.
“Not only will the opening of Cineworld really improve the entertainment offering, but it is also generating employment for local residents. We can’t wait for the doors to open in May.”
- 1 Dramatic pictures catch harvester on fire in 4am blaze
- 2 Illegal poachers stopped in their tracks by eagle-eyed public
- 3 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 4 Police investigation after village pavilion covered in graffiti
- 5 Mosque trust named RIBA client of the year 2021
- 6 Police pursuit of suspected hare coursers ends in success
- 7 8 of the best shows coming to Cambridgeshire in November
- 8 Fireworks join Christmas lights on the Covid cancelled list for Ely
- 9 Rats are causing 'abhorrent situation' in town, admits councillor
- 10 Christmas comes early as festive lights couple hold trial switch-on
Cineworld will make up part of the £13.6 million leisure village, which, once complete, will include an eight-lane 25 metre pool, a 120-station health and fitness suite, two activity studios, a four-court sports hall, 3G artificial grass pitch and restaurants including Arbuckles, McDonalds and KFC.
Applications will also be taken online at www.cineworld.co.uk/careers from March 3-22.
For more information, visit www.cineworld.com.