Cinema giant Cineworld to create 30 jobs in Ely at city’s Leisure Village
- Credit: Archant
Cineworld is to create 30 new jobs in Ely when it opens at the city’s Leisure Village later this year.
Bosses at the six-screen cinema are looking to fill those vacancies by hosting an open day for prospective employees at the Maltings on March 11 from 10am until 5pm.
Roles available include supervisor and team member, both on either a part-time or full-time basis.
Matthew Shaw, Cineworld Ely general manager, said: “I am very excited to be part of this new project and am looking forward to bringing a new multiplex cinema to Ely.
“Cineworld has fantastic career prospects and is a brilliant company to work for. We encourage local people and those with a passion for film to come down to the open day.”
Councillor Ian Lindsay, Mayor and chairman of Ely City Council, said: “This is a hugely exciting time for everyone living in Ely.
“Not only will the opening of Cineworld really improve the entertainment offering, but it is also generating employment for local residents. We can’t wait for the doors to open in May.”
- 1 Man in 50s dies after medical incident in field
- 2 Man caught red-handed after series of drug raids
- 3 Eco-home will be icing on the cake for 'Good Life' couple
- 4 'Shocking' abuse left partner 'vulnerable and afraid'
- 5 Man in 30s dead, two arrested on suspicion of murder in Norfolk town
- 6 'She had her whole life ahead of her': Charity skydive in memory of fatal crash victim
- 7 Cash machines stolen in ram raid at Tesco in Brandon
- 8 Plea to give beloved Reba 'best fighting chance'
- 9 Murder suspects continue to be quizzed as detectives seek CCTV
- 10 Baby murder trial jury told birth referred to safeguarding team
Cineworld will make up part of the £13.6 million leisure village, which, once complete, will include an eight-lane 25 metre pool, a 120-station health and fitness suite, two activity studios, a four-court sports hall, 3G artificial grass pitch and restaurants including Arbuckles, McDonalds and KFC.
Applications will also be taken online at www.cineworld.co.uk/careers from March 3-22.
For more information, visit www.cineworld.com.