Church to hold fund-raising evening for teenager
- Credit: Archant
The spiritualist church in Littleport is holding a fund-raising evening in aid of a teenager who suffers with chronic fatigue syndrome.
A service is taking place tonight (Thursday) at 7.30pm in Littleport Village Hall and will feature a visit from four guest mediums.
Donations are welcomed and a raffle will be held, with funds raised being donated to the family of Chloe Dubberley, 13, who suffers with chronic fatigue syndrome and hyper mobility.
Chloe’s family are hoping to raise funds for a hydrotherapy pool to help alleviate her pain.
The teenager is often left bed-ridden and racked with pain owing to her conditions, which are made worse by fused vertebrae in her neck, and she is on a reduced timetable at Ely College to help her cope.
You may also want to watch:
Mum Krystal Dubberley says Chloe may have to undergo a 15-hour operation to fix her vertebrae but doctors have told her that it is risky and could leave her paralysed.
The hydrotherapy pool Year 8 student Chloe requires costs about £5,000 but could mean she no longer has to rely on a wheelchair and may be able to attend school more frequently.
- 1 Crews tackle huge Fens blaze
- 2 Fundraiser for mum with terminal cancer to 'have a good Christmas with her family'
- 3 Crash driver flees leaving female passenger injured
- 4 ‘I’m Lovin It’ burglars caught by McDonald's trip
- 5 Of all the places in all the city to park an uninsured 4x4
- 6 22 arrests, drugs, cash and weapons seized in county lines crackdown
- 7 Our archives reveal the 'crackpot' idea to re-open disused rail lines
- 8 Heroin dealer kept machete at home
- 9 Rail volunteers recognised at awards ceremony
- 10 Sat nav 'takes one for the team' in bridge crash
A spokesman for the spiritualist church said: “There will be a short and moving spiritual service of ordination into the ministry for a long-serving member of the spiritualist movement, followed by an hour-long uplifting session of communications with loved ones now in that other world of spirit giving messages to people attending.”
Visit www.newspiritualistssociety.com for more information.