Church’s lunchtime musical line-up
ST Peter s Church in Wilburton will be hosting a colourful programme of music over the coming weeks. The Wilburton Live! Midday Music Series begins on Saturday with The Music Makers, presented by soprano Vanessa Scott, tenor Charles Borthwick and pianist
ST Peter's Church in Wilburton will be hosting a colourful programme of music over the coming weeks.
The Wilburton Live! Midday Music Series begins on Saturday with The Music Makers, presented by soprano Vanessa Scott, tenor Charles Borthwick and pianist Jonathan Lilley.
The concert is something of a homecoming for Vanessa, who began singing with the St Peter's Church Choir as a child. She has since made appearances on radio and television and with the Glyndebourne Festival Opera.
The programme continues on April 29 with Redemption, a highly talented youth band comprising Becky Everitt, Sam Greene, Neil Dodd, Carl Sinclair-Russell, Andy Webster and Phil Taberner.
You may also want to watch:
May 6 sees an appearance by percussionist Jessica Rykewaert, who has recently moved to Littleport after travelling the world as a soloist. She was professor for percussion at an institution in Belgium and teaches in seven local schools.
INFO: Entry to the performances at St Peter's Church is by a suggested donation of £5 - children/concessions £3.
- 1 Dramatic pictures catch harvester on fire in 4am blaze
- 2 Illegal poachers stopped in their tracks by eagle-eyed public
- 3 Police pursuit of suspected hare coursers ends in success
- 4 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 5 Police investigation after village pavilion covered in graffiti
- 6 Envar deny responsibility for county's fly invasion
- 7 Prison escapees found with stolen £30,000 car thanks to quick-thinking neighbour
- 8 Meet the star cast of Christmas pantomime Sleeping Beauty
- 9 Mosque trust named RIBA client of the year 2021
- 10 Rats are causing 'abhorrent situation' in town, admits councillor