O Christmas Tree, O Christmas Tree…Sparkling display that took five days to decorate at Ely Cathedral
- Credit: Archant
This stunning Christmas tree decorated with 4000 lights, 2000 baubles and around 35 years old has taken pride of place at Ely Cathedral.
And your sparkling selfies next to the wonderful display are being called for on social media.
Children can also get involved with a ‘Hunt the Angels’ competition. Angels are hidden within the tree and if all of them are spotted, children will receive a chocolate coin from the south desk in the cathedral.
The tree is a Norwegian spruce and almost 35 years old and includes 4000 lights, 2000 baubles, plus a giant gold star and angels.
The golden tones where chosen to enhance the warm colour of the cathedral stone and the spectacle takes five days to decorate, with hundreds coming from across the country to see it each year.
You may also want to watch:
The Christmas Tree is often decorated with stars and angels, to represent the star of Bethlehem and the Angel Gabriel who brought glad tidings of the birth of Jesus.
- 1 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'
- 2 Motion calls for community housing review in four villages
- 3 G's to help save Christmas for poultry industry
- 4 Father-of-five murdered due to 'drug deal dispute gone wrong'
- 5 WATCH: Flying Scotsman steams through Cambridgeshire Fens
- 6 Fire destroys family bungalow in the Fens
- 7 New Ely cinema, royal visit, Welney gets a hall and Thomas a new car
- 8 WATCH: The Fens celebrates its own 'Ark of Triumph'
- 9 Seven men jailed for stealing bikes worth £70k
- 10 New-look Crusaders show fighting spirit to earn comeback triumph