Christmas single to raise money for Liam
A CHRISTMAS single which will raise money for Liam s Fund will be released next month. The song, It s Christmas Time (In The Morning), has been recorded by members of the public who won a competition on Star Radio in Cambridge. Ely Standard media sales co
A CHRISTMAS single which will raise money for Liam's Fund will be released next month.
The song, It's Christmas Time (In The Morning), has been recorded by members of the public who won a competition on Star Radio in Cambridge.
Ely Standard media sales consultant Karen Carter, one of hundreds of people who took part in the on-air competition, was chosen for the final line-up of 15
The competition, called Stars in the Sty, was organised by multi-service creative agency Black Pig working on behalf of Star Radio.
You may also want to watch:
All proceeds will go to children's cancer charity CLIC Sargent, which Liam, who was diagnosed with cancer two years ago, has been fund-raising for.
He has helped to raise more than £130,000 for the children's cancer charity.
- 1 Crews tackle huge Fens blaze
- 2 Fundraiser for mum with terminal cancer to 'have a good Christmas with her family'
- 3 Crash driver flees leaving female passenger injured
- 4 Our archives reveal the 'crackpot' idea to re-open disused rail lines
- 5 Of all the places in all the city to park an uninsured 4x4
- 6 ‘I’m Lovin It’ burglars caught by McDonald's trip
- 7 22 arrests, drugs, cash and weapons seized in county lines crackdown
- 8 Heroin dealer kept machete at home
- 9 HGV crashes into car damaged in earlier incident
- 10 Sat nav 'takes one for the team' in bridge crash
A CD has been produced and will also be available to download from a specially set up on-line site at www.starsinthesty.com Copies will also be available from the Ely Standard at 38 Market Street in Ely.
Karen, 23, a one-time member of a Girls Aloud tribute band, said: "We had a great time recording the song and it was an absolute honour to be involved in the project to raise awareness and funds for the magnificent work of the CLIC Sargent charity.
"Our newspaper has been raising money for Liam, but it was nice for me to make a personal contribution."
n The CD will officially be released on November 12 and costs 99p, but people are welcome to make further donations to the charity.