Ely Foodbank joins forces with Cambridge Commodities for Christmas shoebox appeal
- Credit: Archant
Ely Foodbank and wholesalers Cambridge Commodities have teamed up in a bid to provide goody-filled shoeboxes to those in need this Christmas.
The city’s good cause and the local nutritional ingredients suppliers aim to fill each box with £15 worth of non-perishables using cash donations.
The Christmas collaboration has the ultimate goal of creating 100 shoeboxes for those who need them most over the festive period.
James Stevens, CEO of Cambridge Commodities, said: “We were so inspired by the generosity of the people of Ely during our half term lunches campaign.
“As a result, we’ve teamed up with the Ely Foodbank again this Christmas time to help them with their Christmas shoebox appeal.
“For a small donation, you can give the gift of kindness this year to a family who need it the most in our area.”
Cambridge Commodities and local restaurant Daybreaks recently agreed to provide Cambridgeshire children with free meals over the half-term period.
- 1 EastEnders star Adam Woodyatt ‘to work at restaurant in Cambridgeshire’
- 2 See inside this £1.7m country house with its own lake near Ely
- 3 'Gas engineer' reportedly stole two phones and a purse in Haddenham
- 4 Village toasts Queen's Platinum Jubilee with a memorable touch
- 5 Weekend closure for A142 for bridge works between Ely and Chatteris
- 6 Princess Anne unveils new 'national treasure' Jubilee table in Ely
- 7 Superintendent dons rainbow helmet against hate crime on #IDAHOBIT
- 8 Inside the £165,000 luxury river boat for sale in the Fens
- 9 Village café battles Covid-19 delays to raise over £1,700
- 10 Corporal lines up world record 135km paddleboard trek for 'gleaming' Bobby
Ely Foodbank is a charitable distribution centre that specialises in providing care packages containing food with the support of volunteers and donors throughout the country.
To make a donation, visit: www.localgiving.org/charity/elyfoodbank/