Christmas Message From The Mayor of Ely
Christmas message from the Right Worshipful Mayor of the City of Ely, Riochard Hobbs IN the first six months of our mayoral year Pat and I have met so many people who give up their time freely and generously to help others. The community spirit abounds
Christmas message from the Right Worshipful Mayor of the City of Ely, Riochard Hobbs
IN the first six months of our mayoral year Pat and I have met so many people who give up their time freely and generously to help others.
The community spirit abounds in Ely. I would especially like to thank everyone who helped raise funds towards upgrading the War Memorial, which has been well received by all those serving since 1945.
I had the privilege in October of bestowing the Freedom of the City on four prominent citizens of the City and the City of Ely Military Band. Another highlight was being presented to the Queen and Duke of Edinburgh on their recent visit to the City.
I am sure, like us, your thoughts are for the safe return of our brave servicemen and women of the East Anglian regiment currently serving in Afghanistan. We look forward to June 2010 when we have the opportunity to say thank you when they exercise their right to march though Ely as holders of the Freedom of the City.
Pat and I would like to take this opportunity to pass on our seasonal greetings to you all.
- 1 Car rolled in crash on A14
- 2 Councillor quits as voters get set for two Ely by-elections
- 3 Fire crews called to car fire on railway line
- 4 Caravan site wants 10 new lodges to cope with demand
- 5 Smoke plume in village near Cambridge thought to be car fire
- 6 MP officially begins new era for major UK supplier
- 7 Warwick Davis and daughter Annabelle cut the ribbon at special opening
- 8 Have your say on proposed commercial development in Ely
- 9 Insurers to pay for £725,000 house replacement
- 10 Stansted Airport and Cambridge trains disrupted after tree falls on tracks
Cllr Richard Hobbs