Christmas Message From The Mayor of Ely
Christmas message from the Right Worshipful Mayor of the City of Ely, Riochard Hobbs IN the first six months of our mayoral year Pat and I have met so many people who give up their time freely and generously to help others. The community spirit abounds
Christmas message from the Right Worshipful Mayor of the City of Ely, Riochard Hobbs
IN the first six months of our mayoral year Pat and I have met so many people who give up their time freely and generously to help others.
The community spirit abounds in Ely. I would especially like to thank everyone who helped raise funds towards upgrading the War Memorial, which has been well received by all those serving since 1945.
I had the privilege in October of bestowing the Freedom of the City on four prominent citizens of the City and the City of Ely Military Band. Another highlight was being presented to the Queen and Duke of Edinburgh on their recent visit to the City.
I am sure, like us, your thoughts are for the safe return of our brave servicemen and women of the East Anglian regiment currently serving in Afghanistan. We look forward to June 2010 when we have the opportunity to say thank you when they exercise their right to march though Ely as holders of the Freedom of the City.
Pat and I would like to take this opportunity to pass on our seasonal greetings to you all.
- 1 Thief will spend Christmas in prison after breaching court order
- 2 Taxi firm introduce ‘hangover recovery kits’ during Christmas party season
- 3 Council's plea to protect East Cambs from Covid-19 this Christmas
- 4 New-look girls' team bolstered on and off the pitch
- 5 Rail passengers urged to plan ahead of vital junction rebuild
- 6 'She will be sorely missed' - Rev Teresa retires
- 7 Therapy dogs' ‘meet and greet’ in Ely raises £130 for charity
- 8 St Ives man undergoes pioneering heart treatment
- 9 Air cadet Rory given fitting farewell after loyal service
- 10 Crowds enjoy all on offer at city’s yule pagan and alternative fayre
Cllr Richard Hobbs