Christmas Message From The Mayor of Ely
Christmas message from the Right Worshipful Mayor of the City of Ely, Riochard Hobbs IN the first six months of our mayoral year Pat and I have met so many people who give up their time freely and generously to help others. The community spirit abounds
Christmas message from the Right Worshipful Mayor of the City of Ely, Riochard Hobbs
IN the first six months of our mayoral year Pat and I have met so many people who give up their time freely and generously to help others.
The community spirit abounds in Ely. I would especially like to thank everyone who helped raise funds towards upgrading the War Memorial, which has been well received by all those serving since 1945.
I had the privilege in October of bestowing the Freedom of the City on four prominent citizens of the City and the City of Ely Military Band. Another highlight was being presented to the Queen and Duke of Edinburgh on their recent visit to the City.
You may also want to watch:
I am sure, like us, your thoughts are for the safe return of our brave servicemen and women of the East Anglian regiment currently serving in Afghanistan. We look forward to June 2010 when we have the opportunity to say thank you when they exercise their right to march though Ely as holders of the Freedom of the City.
Pat and I would like to take this opportunity to pass on our seasonal greetings to you all.
- 1 Homes 'siloed on edge of village like old-style council estate'
- 2 Transgender rapist - with anatomy of a man- jailed for 15 years
- 3 Car hits A14 barrier near Newmarket
- 4 NHS worker breaks ribs, ankle and fractures leg in four car pile-up
- 5 MP visits hospital about to become centre of Covid-19 vaccine rollout
- 6 Retirement complex proposals encounter a sticky situation
- 7 Win vouchers to spend at supermarket
- 8 Gin could be just the tonic needed for dilapidated farm buildings
- 9 Housing first battleground in mayor elections for Cambridgeshire
- 10 Potamogeton Trichoides has the last word on £6.5m Mepal crematorium
Cllr Richard Hobbs