Win one of five festive hampers thanks to Ely businesses joining forces to spread some Christmas spirit
- Credit: Archant
Five hampers are full to the brim with festive goodies for a competition for residents thanks to local businesses teaming up.
Ellgia recycling company has partnered with Visit Ely and other local firms to provide the giveaway competition.
Joe Hemsley-Rudd, sales director at Ellgia, said: “We have always been keen to support the community.
“We initially came up with the idea of asking our business contacts for donations for one Christmas hamper.
“However, we were bowled over with the response and now have five luxury hampers to give away!
You may also want to watch:
“Working with Visit Ely we have come up with what we believe is a fantastic celebration of local businesses as well as a great Christmas promotion for local residents.”
In addition, starting on Small Business Saturday on December 1, Visit Ely will be putting out a daily post on their Facebook page for the chance to win a bottle of fizz, along with a gift voucher donated by some of Ely’s High Street shops and restaurants.
- 1 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'
- 2 Motion calls for community housing review in four villages
- 3 G's to help save Christmas for poultry industry
- 4 Father-of-five murdered due to 'drug deal dispute gone wrong'
- 5 WATCH: Flying Scotsman steams through Cambridgeshire Fens
- 6 New Ely cinema, royal visit, Welney gets a hall and Thomas a new car
- 7 Fire destroys family bungalow in the Fens
- 8 WATCH: The Fens celebrates its own 'Ark of Triumph'
- 9 Seven men jailed for stealing bikes worth £70k
- 10 New-look Crusaders show fighting spirit to earn comeback triumph
Lucy Frazer, MP, said: “I am delighted to support this initiative which highlights the valuable role small independent shops and businesses make to our town centres.
“Equally it is always rewarding to see company’s such as Ellgia who understand the importance of working with other businesses and supporting the community they serve.”
Tracey Harding, Visit Ely’s manager said: “We are delighted to be partnering with Ellgia on this initiative to raise the profile of our independent shops and businesses and of course encourage everyone to shop locally this Christmas.”
The Christmas giveaways culminates with an evening event at Poets House for all the businesses who have supported the campaign.
A charity raffle will also be held with proceeds going to EACH, the local charity supporting families with children and young people with life-threatening conditions.
• To be in with a chance of winning one of these five hampers filled with gifts and vouchers from more than 50 different businesses, e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org and you will be automatically entered into the free prize draw. Alternatively, you can enter in person by calling into the Tourist Information Centre.