Early Christmas cheer comes to Ely cathedral for the popular festive fair
- Credit: Archant
Ely Cathedral came alive with the buzz of sparkling lights and market stalls when the popular festive fair was held.
The event, now in its sixth year, is widely seen as one of East Anglia’s finest Christmas shopping experiences.
A varied programme of live demonstrations featured throughout the weekend to include festive cake decorating and seasonal floral arrangements.
There was a wide selection of new trade stalls alongside popular previous exhibitors to give visitors a good choice of gifts, treats and seasonal produce from around 150 stands.
On Saturday there were plenty of attractions for families including a traditional carousel plus some very special elves with their friendly reindeer.
You may also want to watch:
Throughout the weekend there was a good selection of items like hand woven baskets, preserves, jewellery and food traders.
There was a heated café marquee and plenty of chances to buy seasonal food as well as enjoy a glass of traditional mulled wine.
- 1 Dramatic pictures catch harvester on fire in 4am blaze
- 2 Illegal poachers stopped in their tracks by eagle-eyed public
- 3 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 4 Police pursuit of suspected hare coursers ends in success
- 5 Police investigation after village pavilion covered in graffiti
- 6 Envar deny responsibility for county's fly invasion
- 7 Meet the star cast of Christmas pantomime Sleeping Beauty
- 8 Mosque trust named RIBA client of the year 2021
- 9 Prison escapees found with stolen £30,000 car thanks to quick-thinking neighbour
- 10 Council expects to spend £2.4m less on older people due to 'Covid loss'