Community join together for Christmas Day dinner at Ely Cathedral
- Credit: Archant
A community Christmas Day lunch was held in the glorious Lady Chapel at Ely Cathedral to bring festive cheer to those who may have been celebrating alone.
The dinner, including turkey and all the trimmings included drinks and desserts to share, all cooked by Swavesey-based Crucial Catering.
Mayor of Ely Mike Rouse described it as depicting “the real meaning of Christmas” and showing “Christianity in action”.
Helpers were on hand to dish up the tasty meals and spread Christmas joy at the dinner, which took place after Christmas Day Eucharist at noon.
However, the lunch wasn’t just for those people who may be on their own this Christmas, but also family and friends who wanted to spend lunch with the community.
You may also want to watch:
One resident commented: “Fantastic!! Community and Christianity meeting to spread joy on this special day. It was great to see so many people enjoying themselves.”
- 1 Dramatic pictures catch harvester on fire in 4am blaze
- 2 Illegal poachers stopped in their tracks by eagle-eyed public
- 3 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 4 Police investigation after village pavilion covered in graffiti
- 5 Mosque trust named RIBA client of the year 2021
- 6 Police pursuit of suspected hare coursers ends in success
- 7 8 of the best shows coming to Cambridgeshire in November
- 8 Fireworks join Christmas lights on the Covid cancelled list for Ely
- 9 Rats are causing 'abhorrent situation' in town, admits councillor
- 10 Christmas comes early as festive lights couple hold trial switch-on