Joyous afternoon of Christmas music by City of Ely Military Band
- Credit: Archant
A joyous afternoon of carols by the City of Ely Military Band brought Christmas cheer to Ely.
The band transformed Needhams Hall on December 15 as they performed a selection of favourite Christmas carols and songs.
There was also a tribute to former bandmaster Maurice Blake and Pete Roberts Graeme Curry who passed away this year.
Members of the City of Ely Council were also present, including Mayor of Ely Mike Rouse and mayoress Lauren.
Mayor Rouse said: "Thank you Phil, Laurine and all the members of the band, the City is rightly proud of you all.
You may also want to watch:
"There was a touching tributes to those who passed away this year, but the best tribute of all and to all those members of the band over the years who have gone before, was in the beautiful music and the appreciation of the audience."
The band perform a wide range of music including traditional marches.
- 1 Motion calls for community housing review in four villages
- 2 Father-of-five murdered due to 'drug deal dispute gone wrong'
- 3 WATCH: The Fens celebrates its own 'Ark of Triumph'
- 4 G's to help save Christmas for poultry industry
- 5 HMO or flats divide councils but what happens to rest of hotel?
- 6 WATCH: Flying Scotsman steams through Cambridgeshire Fens
- 7 Man found dead in March
- 8 MP oversees climate change mock debate at Ely College
- 9 Pubs team up to raise £3,500 for British Heart Foundation
- 10 New Ely cinema, royal visit, Welney gets a hall and Thomas a new car