Christmas concerts bring joy to all the family in Ely
- Credit: Archant
Wonderful Christmas concerts brought joy to audiences in Ely at the most wonderful time of the year.
Residents and visitors left behind the Christmas shopping for an hour to enjoy their favourite carols performed by Littleport Brass Band and Ely Choral Society.
The events took place at Ely Cathedral and St Mary's Church.
Sing-a-long carols including Hark! The Herald Angels Sing and Away in a Manger brought festive cheer before readings and prayers took place.
The Ely Choral Society Christmas Concert at St Mary's Church was under Andrew Parnell's direction.
The community choir also joined Littleport Brass Band.
Littleport Brass has been entertaining the public since around 1880 performing all styles of music from a traditional brass band repertoire to arrangements of modern pop' songs, film soundtracks and swing band music.
- 1 ‘It’s sadly coming to a natural end’ - restaurant to close its doors by August
- 2 21st century agreement on future of 17th century pub
- 3 New bid for housing thwarted by Great Crested Newts
- 4 ‘It’s been very rewarding’ - Letizia amazed by support for La Strega
- 5 Back garden log cabin needs permission says council
- 6 Village barn struck by arsonists in 4am blaze
- 7 Change of plan for A142 Mepal bridge works as July closures announced
- 8 Axing BBC TV news from Cambridge 'a backward step' says MP
- 9 Daughter pays tribute to model engineer who 'tried his hand at anything'
- 10 Explained: What the cost of living support package means for you
As well as performing in numerous summer concerts they also compete in local and national contests two or three times a year.