Christmas concerts bring joy to all the family in Ely
- Credit: Archant
Wonderful Christmas concerts brought joy to audiences in Ely at the most wonderful time of the year.
Residents and visitors left behind the Christmas shopping for an hour to enjoy their favourite carols performed by Littleport Brass Band and Ely Choral Society.
The events took place at Ely Cathedral and St Mary's Church.
Sing-a-long carols including Hark! The Herald Angels Sing and Away in a Manger brought festive cheer before readings and prayers took place.
The Ely Choral Society Christmas Concert at St Mary's Church was under Andrew Parnell's direction.
You may also want to watch:
The community choir also joined Littleport Brass Band.
Littleport Brass has been entertaining the public since around 1880 performing all styles of music from a traditional brass band repertoire to arrangements of modern pop' songs, film soundtracks and swing band music.
- 1 Caravan wedged under Fens rail bridge
- 2 HGV crashes into car damaged in earlier incident
- 3 Rowdy passengers force train cancellation
- 4 Our archives reveal the 'crackpot' idea to re-open disused rail lines
- 5 7 questions that could decide if you truly are from the Fens
- 6 Daughter sets fire to father's bedroom after food outrage
- 7 Police buy clothes for Iranian children rescued from lorry
- 8 City short-listed to house Museum of Brexit
- 9 Sparkling sake brewery launches in Ely
- 10 Have your say on plans to improve city rail station
As well as performing in numerous summer concerts they also compete in local and national contests two or three times a year.