Star-studded tribute acts to dazzle at Ely Christmas lights switch on 2018
- Credit: Archant
Ely’s Christmas lights switch on 2018 is set to be a thriller evening as crowds will be rocked by Michael Jackson and Freddie Mercury tributes.
Thousands are expected to descend on the city on Friday November 30 to see the streets transformed into a festive spectacle.
Freddie tribute Gary Goodmaze has been said to be as close to the original superstar as you can imagine, bringing an evening to remember.
The show is suitable for the youngest to the oldest.
Joe Cook is a professional Michael Jackson show tribute act going under the name of Simply Jackson.
He has been seen all over the UK and beyond including the USA.
Joe has been a Michael Jackson fan since the beginning and has devoted his whole life to sounding just like the King of Pop himself.
- 1 Inside the £165,000 luxury river boat for sale in the Fens
- 2 Princess Anne unveils new 'national treasure' Jubilee table in Ely
- 3 Villagers can be proud says school head as Ofsted gives thumbs up
- 4 See inside this Grade II listed former pub with self-contained annexe
- 5 Met Office weather: Yellow storm and flood warning for East of England
- 6 Table made from 5,000-year-old oak tree to be unveiled at Ely Cathedral in honour of The Queen
- 7 Three brass instruments worth £20k stolen from church
- 8 'Energy and hope' on the agenda for new Ely mayor
- 9 7 great places to get a bottomless brunch in Cambridgeshire
- 10 Table made from 5,000-year-old oak tree arrives at Ely Cathedral
Simply Jackson is the only Michael Jackson impersonator to have his vocals featured in world-leading concert venues and productions including the MJ Exhibition Indigo at the O2 London.
He has also performed for Tito Jackson and two members of 3T - Michael Jackson’s nephews.
Last but not least, Frozen’s Elsa impersonator Nikki Dine-Hart is sure to be a hit with the children.
Her love for music grew from listening to Michael Jackson, Aretha Franklin and Lady Gaga.
At the age of nineteen she joined a small upcoming record label called Spider Hip Music owned by Pia Dean.
Over the past three years she has been working as both a soloist on more of the older music scenes such as the swinging 40s and 50s sets working as a Marilyn Monroe look-a-like.
Nikki says: “I love singing, it has been a part of me since I was little girl, whenever I feel lost or down music is what keeps me going and I want to show everyone that music truly is the most powerful weapon of all.”