AT the end of our praise and worship this morning, prayer was offered for those who are sick and many came forward to receive their healing. Pastor Tony Cornell spoke on John 7:38, He who believes in me out of his heart will flow rivers of living water.
AT the end of our praise and worship this morning, prayer was offered for those who are sick and many came forward to receive their healing. Pastor Tony Cornell spoke on John 7:38, "He who believes in me out of his heart will flow rivers of living water." The challenge was 'do we believe?'. This evening we prayed about the time of prayer and fasting over the Lent period that many churches are participating in.
Sundays Service is an all-age celebration at 10.30am. Prayer and Praise at 6.30pm. The Garage youth drop-in centre on Monday and Thursday, from 7.30pm-9.30pm.
INFO: The Lighthouse Centre on 01353 662228. All welcome.
SUNDAY morning worship session was led by pastor Lowman, the theme was The Holy Spirit. Prayers were held for people and situations of the world and pastor Lowman continued with his series on Ephesians taking as his message confidence in God's power.
From Monday until Wednesday, the pastor went to a conference at Minehead entitled Building a Prodigal Friendly Church. On Wednesday evening, the prayer meeting was led by Rob Beth. Tonight (Thursday) a Holiday Club planning meeting will be held in the Church Hall. Tomorrow afternoon, women from the church will join with others for the Women's World Day of Prayer in the Lady Chapel of the cathedral. Next Sunday, the beginning of a series of studies of the Beatitudes starts, which is linked to the Lent Housegroups. These groups will start on March 6 and are a joint effort with the Churches Together in Ely.
- 1 EastEnders star Adam Woodyatt ‘to work at restaurant in Cambridgeshire’
- 2 Inferno BBQ to be occupied by sister company Forbidden Burger Co
- 3 Cambridge: Police officer had surgery after sex offender drove car at them
- 4 Middlesbrough couple found in Cambs with drugs worth around £37,000
- 5 'Gas engineer' reportedly stole two phones and a purse in Haddenham
- 6 Can you answer these 10 GCSE questions designed for 16-year-olds?
- 7 See inside this £1.7m country house with its own lake near Ely
- 8 Superintendent dons rainbow helmet against hate crime on #IDAHOBIT
- 9 Village café battles Covid-19 delays to raise over £1,700
- 10 Inside the £165,000 luxury river boat for sale in the Fens
Ely 41 Club
SOUTH East Cambridgeshire MP Jim Paice was a recent speaker at Ely and District 41 Club at the Almonry Restaurant. Mr Paice related to his audience of past round-tablers something of his busy life as a front bench spokesmen and constituency MP.