Dad’s extreme running challenge raises over £1,100 for food bank cause
- Credit: Supplied by Chris Kirk
An Ely dad has raised £1,179 for food banks across the country by completing the 4x4x48 Challenge – a four-mile run, every four hours for 48 hours.
Chris Kirk was fundraising for the Trussell Trust, a national cause which arranges emergency food supplies for families in need.
Ely, Cambridge and Wisbech food banks are among the 1,200 locations currently supported in its network.
Chris completed the challenges last month over a weekend, running a total of 48 miles over two days – and even through the night.
The 4x4x48 Challenge is the brainchild of David Goggins, an American ultra-endurance athlete and motivational speaker who encourages participants around the world to take part through his social media channels.
You may also want to watch:
Chris said afterwards: “Thank you so much to everybody who has supported me, checked in between laps, helped me to plan and train and donated.”
Chris' GoFundMe page is still open for donations.
- 1 Crews tackle huge Fens blaze
- 2 Woman has heart attack and dies in ambulance waiting for a hospital bed
- 3 Fundraiser for mum with terminal cancer to 'have a good Christmas with her family'
- 4 Crash driver flees leaving female passenger injured
- 5 'I think I hurt him bad mum' says Murder on the Doorstep killer
- 6 £330,000 fraudster burning evidence as police raid his home
- 7 ‘I’m Lovin It’ burglars caught by McDonald's trip
- 8 Stanley, 95, publishes first book to beat lockdown blues
- 9 Residents asked to share ideas on how improve cycling and walking in East Cambs town
- 10 Golf club's £8,850 donation for dementia singing charity All In Sound