Kind-hearted choir boys to take on sponsored cycle ride to raise money for tours
- Credit: Archant
A team of choir boys from Ely Cathedral are taking part in a sponsored cycle ride in aid of the Choir Tour Fund.
James, Max, Theo and Tom want to raise £500 to make sure that future choristers can sing at events around the world the same as they have.
The Choir Tour Fund has allowed them to travel to Poland, Austria, Slovakia and Hungary, with their most recent tour to Estonia last summer.
There is no charge to parents for these tours, which are made possible through fundraising events.
They have also been lucky enough to perform in concert, on television, radio and make a CD.
You may also want to watch:
It comes as the boys will sing in their last service at the cathedral to mark four years of service in July.
The ride will take place on June 1 from King's Lynn to Ely.
- 1 Crews tackle huge Fens blaze
- 2 Woman has heart attack and dies in ambulance waiting for a hospital bed
- 3 Fundraiser for mum with terminal cancer to 'have a good Christmas with her family'
- 4 Crash driver flees leaving female passenger injured
- 5 'I think I hurt him bad mum' says Murder on the Doorstep killer
- 6 £330,000 fraudster burning evidence as police raid his home
- 7 ‘I’m Lovin It’ burglars caught by McDonald's trip
- 8 Stanley, 95, publishes first book to beat lockdown blues
- 9 Residents asked to share ideas on how improve cycling and walking in East Cambs town
- 10 Golf club's £8,850 donation for dementia singing charity All In Sound
They will also be joined by fellow year 8s from King's Ely Junior who are raising money for Cancer Research UK.