Chocolate company hopes to help those with autism in Cambridgeshire by opening new Ely branch
- Credit: Archant
A Cambridge-based chocolatier is to begin branching out across the country by opening a new store in Ely.
Harry Specter, which currently operates out of managing director Monah Shah’s house in Sawston, is celebrating its success by opening a new branch on the Cambridgeshire Business Park.
As well as hand-crafting delicious chocolates, Mrs Shah’s business also aims to give those suffering with autism a helping hand by employing those on the spectrum at their branches.
Harry Specters currently has six contracted staff and three part-time members, which they will look to add to once their Ely store opens in June this year.
Mrs Shah said: “My son has autism, so when we started out three years ago we wanted to help people like him get into employment.
You may also want to watch:
“Business has been really good, and we’re hoping that opening in Ely can act as the start of us branching out across the country.”
The company, which sells directly to corporates and boutique hotels, is to link with schools in the local area, such as Highfields in Ely, to help those on the austism spectrum get on the employment ladder and into the world of work.
- 1 Motion calls for community housing review in four villages
- 2 Father-of-five murdered due to 'drug deal dispute gone wrong'
- 3 WATCH: The Fens celebrates its own 'Ark of Triumph'
- 4 Man found dead in March
- 5 HMO or flats divide councils but what happens to rest of hotel?
- 6 MP oversees climate change mock debate at Ely College
- 7 Pubs team up to raise £3,500 for British Heart Foundation
- 8 Church to hold churchyards training day
- 9 WATCH: Flying Scotsman steams through Cambridgeshire Fens
- 10 Jail for 'despicable' burglary on 93-year-old man with dementia
“We’ve had brilliant support from the corporate sector,” Mrs Shah says.
“We’re looking forward to getting out further into Cambridgeshire, and making really good quality chocolates.”
Harry Specters is an online-only business, and for more information, visit www.harryschocs.co.uk.