Chips are down when it comes to charity day
A SPECIAL charity event will be held at Hennesy s Fish Bar, Market Place, Ely, on Sunday. The event, which aims to raise money for Ely s St Mary s Primary School, will see the fish bar offer fish and chips at a reduced price for the whole day. Last year,
A SPECIAL charity event will be held at Hennesy's Fish Bar, Market Place, Ely, on Sunday.
The event, which aims to raise money for Ely's St Mary's Primary School, will see the fish bar offer fish and chips at a reduced price for the whole day.
Last year, Hennesy's managed to raise more than £1,000 for the school, which enabled the children to build a rock garden on the St Mary's site.
Danny Hennesy, manager of Hennesy's Fish Bar said: "We raised more than £1,000 last year, but we hope to smash that this year. We get a lot of Ely St Mary's kids in, so it's nice to do something for them."
Mr Hennesy also said that he hopes to make this charity day an annual event.
"We've been here for a few years now and it's nice to give something back to the local community," he said.
- 1 Smoke plume in village near Cambridge thought to be car fire
- 2 Cambridgeshire man kicked and headbutted police officers
- 3 Have your say on proposed commercial development in Ely
- 4 Casualty treated for smoke inhalation following house fire
- 5 Threat to cancel or 'indefinitely pause' £450m Ely rail upgrade
- 6 Stansted Airport and Cambridge trains disrupted after tree falls on tracks
- 7 Duke and Duchess of Cambridge arrive in Newmarket for Cambs County Day
- 8 Development plans submitted for next phase of Cambridge North
- 9 IN PICTURES: Wills and Kate visit Cambridgeshire's first County Day
- 10 Warwick Davis and daughter Annabelle cut the ribbon at special opening
Fundraisers are looking to raise £1,500 to £2,000 by selling fish and chips, normally priced at £4.05, for £2.95 all day, with all of the proceeds going to Ely St Mary's School.
There will also be a range of fairground rides, a tombola, and other entertaining activities on offer.