Chips are down when it comes to charity day
A SPECIAL charity event will be held at Hennesy s Fish Bar, Market Place, Ely, on Sunday. The event, which aims to raise money for Ely s St Mary s Primary School, will see the fish bar offer fish and chips at a reduced price for the whole day. Last year,
A SPECIAL charity event will be held at Hennesy's Fish Bar, Market Place, Ely, on Sunday.
The event, which aims to raise money for Ely's St Mary's Primary School, will see the fish bar offer fish and chips at a reduced price for the whole day.
Last year, Hennesy's managed to raise more than £1,000 for the school, which enabled the children to build a rock garden on the St Mary's site.
Danny Hennesy, manager of Hennesy's Fish Bar said: "We raised more than £1,000 last year, but we hope to smash that this year. We get a lot of Ely St Mary's kids in, so it's nice to do something for them."
You may also want to watch:
Mr Hennesy also said that he hopes to make this charity day an annual event.
"We've been here for a few years now and it's nice to give something back to the local community," he said.
- 1 Illegal poachers stopped in their tracks by eagle-eyed public
- 2 Dramatic pictures catch harvester on fire in 4am blaze
- 3 Police pursuit of suspected hare coursers ends in success
- 4 Mosque trust named RIBA client of the year 2021
- 5 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 6 Meet the star cast of Christmas pantomime Sleeping Beauty
- 7 Police investigation after village pavilion covered in graffiti
- 8 Council expects to spend £2.4m less on older people due to 'Covid loss'
- 9 US jets to practice flypast over Suffolk this morning
- 10 Lisa Leader makes it to Germany for life prolonging treatment
Fundraisers are looking to raise £1,500 to £2,000 by selling fish and chips, normally priced at £4.05, for £2.95 all day, with all of the proceeds going to Ely St Mary's School.
There will also be a range of fairground rides, a tombola, and other entertaining activities on offer.