Chip, chip hooray - special dog microchip day is at Jurassic Bark in Littleport
- Credit: Archant
Stay on top of the new law for dogs with the help of two businesses teaming up for a special microchip day.
Littleport pet firm Jurassic Bark has joined forces with vets Johnson and Scott.
Johnson and Scott vets were inspired to drive home the micro chipping message after vet Jo Johnson was reunited with her cat Forrest when he went missing for three months.
After searching locally they got a phone call out of the blue from a couple in Six Mile Bottom, nearly 20 miles way, which proved their cat was still alive and well and much to their relief their cat was returned, all thanks to his microchip.
The day will involve registered vet nurses carrying out the chipping who can also scan dogs for people who are unsure if their pets have already been done.
You may also want to watch:
All dogs must now be chipped and registered by eight weeks old and breeders must register a puppies’ microchip to themselves until passing the dog on to its new keeper.
Failure to comply, or if the microchip isn’t registered with a recognised database, could mean a fine of £500.
- 1 Daughter sets fire to father's bedroom after food outrage
- 2 Rowdy passengers force train cancellation
- 3 Police buy clothes for Iranian children rescued from lorry
- 4 Man, 20, rapes woman as she slept, court told
- 5 Sparkling sake brewery launches in Ely
- 6 Have your say on plans to improve city rail station
- 7 Caravan wedged under Fens rail bridge
- 8 Teen rape case prompts city market safety review
- 9 Child rapist from St Ives has been jailed after abuse
- 10 Woman delighted to finally be a mum after infertility heartache
• The micro chipping day is on Saturday April 16 from 10am until 3pm at Jurassic Bark in Littleport. Cost is £10 per dog.