Chip, chip hooray - special dog microchip day is at Jurassic Bark in Littleport
- Credit: Archant
Stay on top of the new law for dogs with the help of two businesses teaming up for a special microchip day.
Littleport pet firm Jurassic Bark has joined forces with vets Johnson and Scott.
Johnson and Scott vets were inspired to drive home the micro chipping message after vet Jo Johnson was reunited with her cat Forrest when he went missing for three months.
After searching locally they got a phone call out of the blue from a couple in Six Mile Bottom, nearly 20 miles way, which proved their cat was still alive and well and much to their relief their cat was returned, all thanks to his microchip.
The day will involve registered vet nurses carrying out the chipping who can also scan dogs for people who are unsure if their pets have already been done.
All dogs must now be chipped and registered by eight weeks old and breeders must register a puppies’ microchip to themselves until passing the dog on to its new keeper.
Failure to comply, or if the microchip isn’t registered with a recognised database, could mean a fine of £500.
- 1 Table made from 5,000-year-old oak tree to be unveiled at Ely Cathedral in honour of The Queen
- 2 Villagers can be proud says school head as Ofsted gives thumbs up
- 3 Princess Anne unveils new 'national treasure' Jubilee table in Ely
- 4 See inside this Grade II listed former pub with self-contained annexe
- 5 Met Office weather: Yellow storm and flood warning for East of England
- 6 Three brass instruments worth £20k stolen from church
- 7 Table made from 5,000-year-old oak tree arrives at Ely Cathedral
- 8 'Energy and hope' on the agenda for new Ely mayor
- 9 Hand clinic offering additional type of treatment for arthritis sufferers
- 10 Inside the £165,000 luxury river boat for sale in the Fens
• The micro chipping day is on Saturday April 16 from 10am until 3pm at Jurassic Bark in Littleport. Cost is £10 per dog.