Chimney blaze sparks fire service warning

ELY-Fire-Engine-0040

- Credit: Archant

Firefighters tackled a chimney fire in Prickwillow, last night (Sunday).

A crew from Ely were called to Old Bank at about 5pm following reports that a fire had broken out in a chimney.

Firefighters used a hose reel, chimney rodding and thermal imaging cameras to identify and extinguish the blaze. The cause of the fire was accidental.

A spokesman for Cambridgeshire Fire and Rescue Service said: “Please get your chimney swept regularly and brickwork inspected at least once a year to help prevent chimney fires.”


You may also want to watch:


Become a Supporter

This newspaper has been a central part of community life for many years. Our industry faces testing times, which is why we're asking for your support. Every contribution will help us continue to produce local journalism that makes a measurable difference to our community.

Become a Supporter