Chimney blaze sparks fire service warning

PUBLISHED: 11:19 29 December 2014 | UPDATED: 11:19 29 December 2014

Archant

Firefighters tackled a chimney fire in Prickwillow, last night (Sunday).

A crew from Ely were called to Old Bank at about 5pm following reports that a fire had broken out in a chimney.

Firefighters used a hose reel, chimney rodding and thermal imaging cameras to identify and extinguish the blaze. The cause of the fire was accidental.

A spokesman for Cambridgeshire Fire and Rescue Service said: “Please get your chimney swept regularly and brickwork inspected at least once a year to help prevent chimney fires.”


If you value what this story gives you, please consider supporting the Ely Standard. Click the link in the orange box below for details.

Become a supporter

This newspaper has been a central part of community life for many years, through good times and bad, serving as your advocate and trusted source of local information. Our industry is facing testing times, which is why I’m asking for your support. Every single contribution will help us continue to produce award-winning local journalism that makes a measurable difference to our community.

Thank you.

Most Read

Most Read

Latest from the Ely Standard