Children’s author James Campbell visits Littleport Library
- Credit: Archant
Children’s author James Campbell wowed crowds with an entertaining display at Littleport Library.
The Suffolk-based author was in East Cambridgeshire promoting his series of ‘Boyface’ books and stopped off in Littleport to meet and chat to fans.
Campbell spends much of his time touring East Anglia, visiting aspiring writers in schools and libraries.
He said: “I do talk about my books, of course, but only in such a way that I can inspire the children in their own writing.
“For me, the most important thing is to show the children they can do it too.”
You may also want to watch:
James spoke about his career before meeting children and signing books – and left a good impression on those in attendance.
One person said: “My six-year-old grandson absolutely loved it and belly laughed through his performance. His mum enjoyed it too!”
- 1 Our archives reveal the 'crackpot' idea to re-open disused rail lines
- 2 HGV crashes into car damaged in earlier incident
- 3 Fundraiser for mum with terminal cancer to 'have a good Christmas with her family'
- 4 Caravan wedged under Fens rail bridge
- 5 Crash driver flees leaving female passenger injured
- 6 Of all the places in all the city to park an uninsured 4x4
- 7 See photos of the intricate final stages of the Huntingdon Viaduct removal
- 8 Rowdy passengers force train cancellation
- 9 Drunk driver failed to spot police car parked next to her
- 10 Have your say on plans to improve city rail station