Children under starters orders at special Ely picnic
- Credit: Archant
Budding Usain Bolts put their running skills to the test during a special picnic and sensory session held in Ely at the weekend.
The afternoon was organised by the charity Little Miracles and included a visit by Emma Graves from the East Cambs police team and her colleagues.
Activities included children being zapped by a speed gun as they ran as fast as they could and there was also a chance for them to try on riot gear and sit in a police car.
The event was held at Ely Community Centre and also included a visit by representatives of Pinpoint and Core Assets who were on hand to answer any questions about the services they provide locally.
Families were able to enjoy the weekend’s sunshine by bringing their own picnic and also a free ice cream for the children.
You may also want to watch:
There also a chance to take part in the usual activities plus the sensory room was open as normal.
- 1 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'
- 2 Motion calls for community housing review in four villages
- 3 G's to help save Christmas for poultry industry
- 4 WATCH: Flying Scotsman steams through Cambridgeshire Fens
- 5 Fire destroys family bungalow in the Fens
- 6 New Ely cinema, royal visit, Welney gets a hall and Thomas a new car
- 7 Father-of-five murdered due to 'drug deal dispute gone wrong'
- 8 Seven men jailed for stealing bikes worth £70k
- 9 New-look Crusaders show fighting spirit to earn comeback triumph
- 10 WATCH: The Fens celebrates its own 'Ark of Triumph'