Children’s hospices hope Ely Colour Run 2017 will have raised over £20,000 to support their vital work across the region
- Credit: Archant
With an invitation to walk, jog, run or even walk – and with proceeds to children’s hospices- the second Ely Colour Run was both a joyous spectacle and a spectacular success.
Polly West, community fund raiser for the East Anglia’s Children’s Hospices (EACH) said: “It was great to bring a sea of colour to Ely for a second year. It was a hugely successful day and the sun shone for us.”
She added: “We had even more runners than last year, and hope to have beaten the £20,000 raised previously.”
Her thanks were many and numerous to those who helped with the event including sponsors Thorlabs, Studio 24 and Cambridge Flat Roofing Co.
She was also full of praise for the volunteers who helped “and everyone who took part”.
You may also want to watch:
EACH was particularly thankful to King’s Ely for allowing them to hold the event at the school.
All the money raised from the event will go towards the care and support EACH provides for children and young people with life-threatening conditions and their families.
- 1 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'
- 2 HGV driver courses set up to help meet critical shortages
- 3 Fire destroys family bungalow in the Fens
- 4 High-flying 'humble' gymnast, 9, top of the tree on county debut
- 5 New Ely cinema, royal visit, Welney gets a hall and Thomas a new car
- 6 G's to help save Christmas for poultry industry
- 7 80 ‘pieces of graffiti’ removed by council in just six months
- 8 Yellow weather warning issued for Cambridgeshire
- 9 Lets get Cambridgeshire back on the buses says mayor
- 10 Daughters remember artist father who would ‘always be there’
Polly said their attention now turned to the Saffron Walden Colour Dash on September 10.
In a pre event advice note to those taking part EACH reminded people the paint used is coloured corn flour, non toxic and completely biodegradable.
“The powder does wash off but some materials are harder to clean than others so only wear things that you are happy to get messy including your running shoes,” was their advice.