Fish and chip supper in Soham raises money for Children In Need
- Credit: Archant
A fish and chip supper and fun with friends helped to raise more than £160 for Children In Need.
Volunteers who support a retirement home in Soham organised the event at Millbrook House and the popular evening attracted around 100 people.
Organised by the CLM volunteers there was fish and chips, wine, fruit juice and gateau, with entertainment by Steve and Hazel from Blue shed studios in Soham.
A CLM spokesman said: “Also as the event was supporting Children in Need we were able to raise £161 with a bucket collection.
“The CLM volunteers and various members of the audience dressed up in fancy dress for the evening, it was a very successful evening with everyone at Millbrook house families and friends going home very happy.
“We would like to thank everyone that came along and supported the event and donated.
“We would also like to thank Michael Antony who was able to support the event and announce a charity concert on Saturday November 24 at the Performing Arts Centre in Soham from 7.30pm to 10pm in aid of Children in Need.”
- 1 Pedestrian struck on Ely Road in Littleport
- 2 Council bans use of agricultural land to extend garden
- 3 Former Baptist chapel to be turned into four-bedroom house
- 4 Councillor hits out at 'huge intransigence' over splash pad project
- 5 Mexican restaurant to open inside former Frankie & Benny's in Ely
- 6 ‘It’s been like this for 11 months’ - woman’s assisted refuse collection failure
- 7 Village road closing for five weeks for temporary barrier installation
- 8 Shoplifter, 33, who assaulted woman is on the run
- 9 Littleport 'hit and run' on Victoria Street
- 10 21st century agreement on future of 17th century pub
Throughout the year the CLM volunteers are busy organising different functions and events to entertain the residents of Millbrook House.