It’s party time for Children in Need at Ely play centre Treetops
- Credit: Archant
An adventure play centre in Ely has teamed up with kind-hearted childminders to party in aid of Children in Need.
Treetops, in Lancaster Way, have raised more than £600 for disadvantaged children and young people across the UK.
Children and staff donned Pudsey ears, yellow onesies and decorated the centre yesterday morning (November 15).
Sue Smith, childminder, said: “Totally blown away by our fundraising for Children In Need.
“The generosity of our local soft play venue, Treetops, is totally overwhelming in giving us exclusive access for the whole morning to play and providing party food for all our children.
You may also want to watch:
“With a brilliant turn out of childminders and children we have raised £615 - so far!
“I could not have done this without the support of my fellow childminders, both local to Ely and from further afield, our community shops and local businesses, 14 of whom made raffle donations.
- 1 Caravan wedged under Fens rail bridge
- 2 Rowdy passengers force train cancellation
- 3 Daughter sets fire to father's bedroom after food outrage
- 4 7 questions that could decide if you truly are from the Fens
- 5 Police buy clothes for Iranian children rescued from lorry
- 6 Sparkling sake brewery launches in Ely
- 7 City short-listed to house Museum of Brexit
- 8 Bid to ban ex- mayor running pub “a joke” says cabinet member
- 9 Have your say on plans to improve city rail station
- 10 Man, 20, rapes woman as she slept, court told
“And of course to Adam, Tracy and Joe from Treetops who worked tirelessly to provide such a great morning for our children, donating all the entry monies taken back to Children In Need.”