Children at Stretham Primary School say ‘so long, farewell, auf wiedersehen, goodbye’ to three members of staff
- Credit: Archant
Stretham Primary School said a fond farewell to three members of staff at the end of term.
Two teaching assistants left after 26 years at the school and a teacher left after five years.
Both Mrs Howard and Mrs Whittaker joined the school in 1990 with Mrs Howard notching up three months longer as she became part of the team in June while her colleague started in September.
Miss Comiskey left after five years to move to Waterbeach Primary School.
An assembly on Wednesday morning (20) saw the three presented with bouquets made from flowers brought in by staff and pupils.
You may also want to watch:
Every child was asked to bring in a flower for each of the three leavers which was then made into bouquets. The response was so great they each received eight bunches of the blooms.
- 1 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'
- 2 Motion calls for community housing review in four villages
- 3 G's to help save Christmas for poultry industry
- 4 Father-of-five murdered due to 'drug deal dispute gone wrong'
- 5 WATCH: Flying Scotsman steams through Cambridgeshire Fens
- 6 Fire destroys family bungalow in the Fens
- 7 New Ely cinema, royal visit, Welney gets a hall and Thomas a new car
- 8 WATCH: The Fens celebrates its own 'Ark of Triumph'
- 9 Seven men jailed for stealing bikes worth £70k
- 10 New-look Crusaders show fighting spirit to earn comeback triumph