Pudsey power! Ely childminders raise hundreds of pounds for Children in Need
- Credit: Archant
More than £1,000 has been raised for Children in Need after a morning of fun for childminders in Ely.
Around 70 children attended Treetops, in Lancaster Way, yesterday afternoon (November 14) to play and share snacks.
Childminder Sue Smith organised the event along with raffles including Take That memorabilia.
The main raffle included generous donations from Ely toy shop, Cherry Hill Chocolates, The Treasure Chest and more.
Sue said: "The week before our event my daughter, who is my registered assistant, and I were invited to the BBC's The One Show to be in the audience and talk about our fundraising.
"This was a great opportunity to not only meet presenters Ore and Michelle but to shout out for childminders who are taking the lead in this fundraising event and help those children less fortunate.
"What a great way to learn empathy, understanding and thinking of others - all brilliant life skills
- 1 21st century agreement on future of 17th century pub
- 2 ‘It’s sadly coming to a natural end’ - restaurant to close its doors by August
- 3 Littleport 'hit and run' on Victoria Street
- 4 Village barn struck by arsonists in 4am blaze
- 5 Pedestrian struck on Ely Road in Littleport
- 6 Florist 'busier than ever' hoping to build from lockdown success
- 7 Arsonist firebombed GP surgery after doctors refused to give him heroin
- 8 Former Baptist chapel to be turned into four-bedroom house
- 9 Council bans use of agricultural land to extend garden
- 10 Councillor hits out at 'huge intransigence' over splash pad project
"I cannot thank everyone enough for the amazing support shown in buying raffle tickets and making donations of gifts.
"Our fundraising so far totals £1074."