Pudsey power! Ely childminders raise hundreds of pounds for Children in Need
- Credit: Archant
More than £1,000 has been raised for Children in Need after a morning of fun for childminders in Ely.
Around 70 children attended Treetops, in Lancaster Way, yesterday afternoon (November 14) to play and share snacks.
Childminder Sue Smith organised the event along with raffles including Take That memorabilia.
The main raffle included generous donations from Ely toy shop, Cherry Hill Chocolates, The Treasure Chest and more.
Sue said: "The week before our event my daughter, who is my registered assistant, and I were invited to the BBC's The One Show to be in the audience and talk about our fundraising.
You may also want to watch:
"This was a great opportunity to not only meet presenters Ore and Michelle but to shout out for childminders who are taking the lead in this fundraising event and help those children less fortunate.
"What a great way to learn empathy, understanding and thinking of others - all brilliant life skills
- 1 Crews tackle huge Fens blaze
- 2 Fundraiser for mum with terminal cancer to 'have a good Christmas with her family'
- 3 Crash driver flees leaving female passenger injured
- 4 ‘I’m Lovin It’ burglars caught by McDonald's trip
- 5 Of all the places in all the city to park an uninsured 4x4
- 6 Heroin dealer kept machete at home
- 7 22 arrests, drugs, cash and weapons seized in county lines crackdown
- 8 'I think I hurt him bad mum' says Murder on the Doorstep killer
- 9 Rail volunteers recognised at awards ceremony
- 10 Our archives reveal the 'crackpot' idea to re-open disused rail lines
"I cannot thank everyone enough for the amazing support shown in buying raffle tickets and making donations of gifts.
"Our fundraising so far totals £1074."