‘Childhood sweethearts’ from Sutton celebrate 65 years of marriage with family and friends
- Credit: Archant
A Sutton couple celebrated their 65th wedding anniversary alongside family and friends at the weekend.
Christine and Peter Gipp have seven children, 20 grandchildren, 40 great grandchildren and three great, great grandchildren.
Before retiring, Christine was a post lady in Sutton and Peter was a traffic warden in Ely.
“It was lovely,” said their daughter Julie Linney, who helped organise the party.
“They’re both childhood sweethearts.”
You may also want to watch:
The couple will mark their blue sapphire anniversary tomorrow (27).
- 1 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'
- 2 'My UK dream became a reality': World first sake brewery launches in Ely
- 3 High-flying 'humble' gymnast, 9, top of the tree on county debut
- 4 Fire destroys family bungalow in the Fens
- 5 HGV driver courses set up to help meet critical shortages
- 6 Man to appear in court after smashing police car window with sledgehammer
- 7 80 ‘pieces of graffiti’ removed by council in just six months
- 8 Man in court over special constable assault and theft of alcohol
- 9 G's to help save Christmas for poultry industry
- 10 Lets get Cambridgeshire back on the buses says mayor