Chettisham on the outskirts of Ely to get 19 homes where 1,200 or more homes will eventually surround the site
- Credit: Archant
Nineteen homes are to go ahead at Chettisham following approval by East Cambs District Council.
The homes will be built on land adjacent to Twinwood Cottage, Lynn Road, and attracted few objections when the plans were submitted.
Planners have put tough conditions on the development including archaeology, waste management and construction timings.
The cul-de-sac formation of the estate includes a mix of homes including four two-bedroom homes, six three-bedroom homes and nine four-bedroom homes.
The area is described as predominantly agricultural and planners say has been used for personal equestrian purposes.
The site lies within the development envelope of Ely and is located 150m – as the crow flies- from the edge of the village boundary of Chettisham
Eventually 1,200 homes being built by Endurance Estates as part of the North Ely development will surround the site. Further homes planned by the Church Commissioners will be located to the eastern side of Lynn Road.
- 1 Fenland man repeatedly raped woman for 20 years
- 2 Take a look inside £600,000 period home with 'outstanding charm'
- 3 Meet the boat hire firm aiming to become perfect 'stress-free' tonic
- 4 Arson arrest after Wisbech blaze
- 5 Cambridge 'knife-wielder' arrested
- 6 Santas learn how to put the Ho Ho Ho into Christmas
- 7 New deadline for £6m crematorium decision
- 8 Sanctuary Housing criticised over empty homes in Ely
- 9 First visit not 'a flying success' but pub deserves second chance
- 10 £1,350 a day (plus VAT) for new chief executive at combined authority
“Together these sites will surround the land adjacent to Twinwood Cottage,” say planners.
City of Ely Council had no reservations about the scheme but felt it was essential for Chettisham to retain its own identity.
Cambridgeshire Archaeology was happy with the scheme but want investigations carried out ahead of building.
Checks for possible contamination of the land have also been requested.