Enjoy a short game of chess and make new friends at Toppings book shop in Ely
- Credit: Archant
Bookworms in Ely can make new friends while taking part in a short game of chess at Toppings.
The 5asideCHESS team visited the book shop to introduce staff to a unique version of the popular pastime.
It offers players the opportunity to connect and chat by decreasing levels of loneliness and isolation.
Run as a social enterprise, the team have recently been touring around colleges, universities and businesses showing just how easy it is to use the game to start a chat and re-ignite the art of conversation.
Users are encouraged to 'do the 25' and use the game, which comes in its own pack to players, to connect with 25 strangers.
You may also want to watch:
"Now not only can you find yourself the perfect read at Toppings, you can also indulge yourself in a game of chess and meet someone new," a spokesperson said.
5asideCHESS is sponsored by commercial kitchen cleaning company Bright Hygiene.
To find out more visit http://www.5asidechess.com
- 1 Motion calls for community housing review in four villages
- 2 Father-of-five murdered due to 'drug deal dispute gone wrong'
- 3 WATCH: The Fens celebrates its own 'Ark of Triumph'
- 4 Over 100 modern slavery victims rescued in Cambridgeshire
- 5 Man found dead in March
- 6 Jail for 'despicable' burglary on 93-year-old man with dementia
- 7 MP oversees climate change mock debate at Ely College
- 8 HMO or flats divide councils but what happens to rest of hotel?
- 9 Church to hold churchyards training day
- 10 Pubs team up to raise £3,500 for British Heart Foundation