New chef joins the team at the Anchor in Burwell
- Credit: Archant
A new chef has been appointed at the Anchor in Burwell.
James Moody has joined Ben Crick in the kitchen as head chef.
James brings with him more than 10 years experience to his role, having worked with a number of leading local chefs.
His latest appointment brings him back to working with Ben who gave him his training as a 17 year old commi straight out of catering college.
James, known as Jimmy, originally from Hertfordshire said: I am so pleased to be joining Ben at this exciting stage of his journey at The Anchor.
You may also want to watch:
He has really begun to put the pub on the food map and I’m looking forward to helping drive the food offering forward and making this charming pub one of the best places to eat in East Anglia.”
Ben, along with his partner Jean-Mary Myers, took over the Anchor earlier this year and having sympathetically refurbished this quirky Grade II listed Georgian building, quickly built a reputation for home-cooked modern English food.
- 1 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'
- 2 Fire destroys family bungalow in the Fens
- 3 Triple judo Olympic champion to give masterclass for Ely Dojo
- 4 G's to help save Christmas for poultry industry
- 5 HGV driver courses set up to help meet critical shortages
- 6 New Ely cinema, royal visit, Welney gets a hall and Thomas a new car
- 7 Yellow weather warning issued for Cambridgeshire
- 8 High-flying 'humble' gymnast, 9, top of the tree on county debut
- 9 Motion calls for community housing review in four villages
- 10 Seven men jailed for stealing bikes worth £70k
Ben said: “It’s fantastic that Jimmy is joining our team. It’s been full-on since we took over the pub and though I’m thoroughly enjoying cooking in my own place and living the dream, I want to do more.
“Jimmy has experience of working in busy village pubs and having him alongside will allow time to develop recipes, create more dishes and deliver excellence to our customers.
“I am also delighted to welcome Jimmy’s partner Charli who will join Jenny as our front of house.”