New chef joins the team at the Anchor in Burwell
- Credit: Archant
A new chef has been appointed at the Anchor in Burwell.
James Moody has joined Ben Crick in the kitchen as head chef.
James brings with him more than 10 years experience to his role, having worked with a number of leading local chefs.
His latest appointment brings him back to working with Ben who gave him his training as a 17 year old commi straight out of catering college.
James, known as Jimmy, originally from Hertfordshire said: I am so pleased to be joining Ben at this exciting stage of his journey at The Anchor.
He has really begun to put the pub on the food map and I’m looking forward to helping drive the food offering forward and making this charming pub one of the best places to eat in East Anglia.”
Ben, along with his partner Jean-Mary Myers, took over the Anchor earlier this year and having sympathetically refurbished this quirky Grade II listed Georgian building, quickly built a reputation for home-cooked modern English food.
- 1 Boys, 13 and 17 killed in horror BMW crash near A47 in Peterborough
- 2 Shoplifter who stole from store 10 times in five weeks handed CBO
- 3 'Normally unacceptable' barn demolition wins green light
- 4 Motorcyclist caught ‘speeding over 100mph’ past police near Ely
- 5 Ely Heroes winner, Alison, attends royal garden party after three-year wait
- 6 Man in his 40s suffers ‘life-changing injuries’ in major crash on A14
- 7 Family pay tribute to brothers, 13 and 17, killed in horror BMW crash
- 8 Food delivery robots taking to streets of Cambridgeshire
- 9 Pupils ensure 'Eel-izabeth' comes to life for Queen's Platinum Jubilee
- 10 'It's a gem of an untold story' - Ely author, Ellee shares new novel
Ben said: “It’s fantastic that Jimmy is joining our team. It’s been full-on since we took over the pub and though I’m thoroughly enjoying cooking in my own place and living the dream, I want to do more.
“Jimmy has experience of working in busy village pubs and having him alongside will allow time to develop recipes, create more dishes and deliver excellence to our customers.
“I am also delighted to welcome Jimmy’s partner Charli who will join Jenny as our front of house.”