Cheers for beers - plenty of the former and at least 20 varieties of the latter- as Haddenham set to stage its first beer festival
- Credit: Archant
Haddenham is to host its very own beer festival this summer.
The village’s recreation field will play host to a three-day celebration of local brews and local music, from July 3-5.
The organisers are aiming to have around 20 different beers and ciders in village pavilion, while, on the recreation ground, there will be events including live music, stalls and a barbeque.
Jim Collins, one of the organisers, said: “We are hoping that the Haddenham Beer Festival will be a village event raising money for other village events and local charities.
“If you would like to help out we’d be pleased to hear from you; maybe you have a band that would like to play or perhaps you have a marquee you could lend us, maybe your company would like to sponsor a barrel, or perhaps you would like to run a stall.”
You may also want to watch:
Councillor Gareth Wilson, of Haddenham, said: “The festival has the full support of the parish council. It will be held on the recreation field and it should be a great event. We hope it will be a success.”
At its March meeting, Haddenham Parish Council unanimously backed plans for the festival and granted organisers permission to use the recreation field.
- 1 Illegal poachers stopped in their tracks by eagle-eyed public
- 2 Dramatic pictures catch harvester on fire in 4am blaze
- 3 Police pursuit of suspected hare coursers ends in success
- 4 Mosque trust named RIBA client of the year 2021
- 5 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 6 Meet the star cast of Christmas pantomime Sleeping Beauty
- 7 Police investigation after village pavilion covered in graffiti
- 8 8 of the best shows coming to Cambridgeshire in November
- 9 Lisa Leader makes it to Germany for life prolonging treatment
- 10 Prison escapees found with stolen £30,000 car thanks to quick-thinking neighbour
For more information, or to contact the organisers, visit: www.haddenham.beer