Cheers for beers - plenty of the former and at least 20 varieties of the latter- as Haddenham set to stage its first beer festival
- Credit: Archant
Haddenham is to host its very own beer festival this summer.
The village’s recreation field will play host to a three-day celebration of local brews and local music, from July 3-5.
The organisers are aiming to have around 20 different beers and ciders in village pavilion, while, on the recreation ground, there will be events including live music, stalls and a barbeque.
Jim Collins, one of the organisers, said: “We are hoping that the Haddenham Beer Festival will be a village event raising money for other village events and local charities.
“If you would like to help out we’d be pleased to hear from you; maybe you have a band that would like to play or perhaps you have a marquee you could lend us, maybe your company would like to sponsor a barrel, or perhaps you would like to run a stall.”
Councillor Gareth Wilson, of Haddenham, said: “The festival has the full support of the parish council. It will be held on the recreation field and it should be a great event. We hope it will be a success.”
At its March meeting, Haddenham Parish Council unanimously backed plans for the festival and granted organisers permission to use the recreation field.
- 1 Man in 50s dies after medical incident in field
- 2 Eco-home will be icing on the cake for 'Good Life' couple
- 3 Man caught red-handed after series of drug raids
- 4 'Shocking' abuse left partner 'vulnerable and afraid'
- 5 Man in 30s dead, two arrested on suspicion of murder in Norfolk town
- 6 'She had her whole life ahead of her': Charity skydive in memory of fatal crash victim
- 7 Cash machines stolen in ram raid at Tesco in Brandon
- 8 Plea to give beloved Reba 'best fighting chance'
- 9 Baby murder trial jury told birth referred to safeguarding team
- 10 Noise warning issued due to increased flying over RAF Lakenheath
For more information, or to contact the organisers, visit: www.haddenham.beer