Chatteris man hospitalised after lorry overturns on A142 near Mepal - Magpas air ambulance flies to the scene
- Credit: Archant
A Chatteris man was hospitalised yesterday after the 32 tonne lorry he was driving overturned on the A142 near Mepal.
The accident happened when the man, who is in his 40s, suffered a medical emergency.
A Magpas spokesman said: “At 10.34am Magpas doctor Andy Lindsay and paramedics Dan Cody and Dan Read landed in Chatteris, via the Magpas Air Ambulance, to treat the driver of a lorry involved in a single vehicle collision.
“The Magpas team assessed the man and provided him with advanced pain relief and anti-sickness medication.
“He was then taken by land ambulance to Addenbrooke’s Hospital, where he was in a potentially life threatening condition upon arrival.
“The helicopter crew who flew the medical team were chief pilot Richard Eastwood and crew member Rob Davies.
“An EEAST paramedic crew was also in attendance.”
- 1 EastEnders star Adam Woodyatt ‘to work at restaurant in Cambridgeshire’
- 2 Mike Rouse, councillor, former mayor and historian, dies aged 82
- 3 Inferno BBQ to be occupied by sister company Forbidden Burger Co
- 4 Mike Rouse: A lifetime's passion for books and literature
- 5 'A little talent very thinly spread' Mike Rouse, in his own words
- 6 Table made from 5,000-year-old oak tree to be unveiled at Ely Cathedral in honour of The Queen
- 7 Middlesbrough couple found in Cambs with drugs worth around £37,000
- 8 Cambridge: Police officer had surgery after sex offender drove car at them
- 9 Superintendent dons rainbow helmet against hate crime on #IDAHOBIT
- 10 See inside this £1.7m country house with its own lake near Ely
No other vehicles were involved in the accident.