CHATTERIS: Man Badly Hurt After Falling 25-feet On To A Concrete Floor at Ely Company
A YOUNG engineering contractor was badly hurt on Wednesday when he fell 25ft onto a concrete floor. The man, who is in his 20s, was working at a packing plant on Elean Business Park in Sutton, when he had the accident at 11am. He suffered head and ches
A YOUNG engineering contractor from Chatteris was badly hurt on Wednesday when he fell 25ft onto a concrete floor.
The man, who is in his 20s, was working at a packing plant on Elean Business Park in Sutton, when he had the accident at 11am.
He suffered head and chest injuries and was given pain relief at the scene by a doctor and paramedic from MAGPAS, who arrived by air ambulance.
The man, who is thought to live in Chatteris, was taken to Addenbrooke's Hospital by land ambulance where his condition is unknown.
You may also want to watch:
He had been carrying out contract work for Anson Packaging and is permanently employed by Cambridge Compressor Engineering Ltd, based nearby on the Lancaster Way business park at Ely.
An investigation has been launched by the Health and Safety Executive.
- 1 Councillors praised for 'tireless' illegal encampment work
- 2 Former deputy mayor wants to move Newmarket to Cambridgeshire
- 3 Club shuts its doors after illegal encampment spotted
- 4 20 travelling families park illegally at rugby club
- 5 East Cambs could be getting five new walking routes
- 6 White van driver sought after Passat overturns
- 7 Round one to High Flyer after highways gives thumbs up to giant mug
- 8 Glamping site granted drinks licence despite neighbours' protests
- 9 Leader’s reminder of human cost of £100k homes fall-out
- 10 Annual classic car show returns to Ely