CHATTERIS: Man Badly Hurt After Falling 25-feet On To A Concrete Floor at Ely Company
A YOUNG engineering contractor was badly hurt on Wednesday when he fell 25ft onto a concrete floor. The man, who is in his 20s, was working at a packing plant on Elean Business Park in Sutton, when he had the accident at 11am. He suffered head and ches
A YOUNG engineering contractor from Chatteris was badly hurt on Wednesday when he fell 25ft onto a concrete floor.
The man, who is in his 20s, was working at a packing plant on Elean Business Park in Sutton, when he had the accident at 11am.
He suffered head and chest injuries and was given pain relief at the scene by a doctor and paramedic from MAGPAS, who arrived by air ambulance.
The man, who is thought to live in Chatteris, was taken to Addenbrooke's Hospital by land ambulance where his condition is unknown.
You may also want to watch:
He had been carrying out contract work for Anson Packaging and is permanently employed by Cambridge Compressor Engineering Ltd, based nearby on the Lancaster Way business park at Ely.
An investigation has been launched by the Health and Safety Executive.
- 1 Caravan wedged under Fens rail bridge
- 2 Rowdy passengers force train cancellation
- 3 Daughter sets fire to father's bedroom after food outrage
- 4 Police buy clothes for Iranian children rescued from lorry
- 5 7 questions that could decide if you truly are from the Fens
- 6 Sparkling sake brewery launches in Ely
- 7 City short-listed to house Museum of Brexit
- 8 Bid to ban ex- mayor running pub “a joke” says cabinet member
- 9 Man, 20, rapes woman as she slept, court told
- 10 Have your say on plans to improve city rail station