It’s almost time for the Chatteris Christmas lights switch-on!
- Credit: Archant
Get ready because it’s almost time for the Chatteris Christmas lights switch-on, which this year takes place on Saturday November 30 at 4.30pm.
Established in 1985, the town's festive display is recognised as one of the best in Cambridgeshire.
The lights committee is entirely voluntary and the results of their many hours of hard work - before and after the switch-on event.
Their efforts are enthusiastically appreciated by the residents and visitors to Chatteris over the festive season.
During winter the Christmas lights are on daily from 3pm until midnight so you can come into town, wander through the main streets to enjoy them, and then drop in to one of the restaurants, cafeterias, public houses or take-aways for some refreshments.
You may also want to watch:
The lights have been a great success story from the outset, and with support from the community, continue to be so.
Volunteers, donors and fundraisers are always needed - to get involved visit www.chatterischristmaslights.co.uk
- 1 Rowdy passengers force train cancellation
- 2 Caravan wedged under Fens rail bridge
- 3 Daughter sets fire to father's bedroom after food outrage
- 4 Police buy clothes for Iranian children rescued from lorry
- 5 Sparkling sake brewery launches in Ely
- 6 7 questions that could decide if you truly are from the Fens
- 7 Have your say on plans to improve city rail station
- 8 Man, 20, rapes woman as she slept, court told
- 9 Teen rape case prompts city market safety review
- 10 City short-listed to house Museum of Brexit