International boy stars bring their award-winning sounds to Ely
- Credit: Archant
A young male choir who have been wowing audiences across the world will be performing their UK spring concert in Ely Cathedral this May.
Since it was formed in 1995, Libera has travelled the world, topping the mainstream and classical charts.
The group is made up of seven- to sixteen-year-old boys.
In the UK, the choir has sung on programmes from Songs of Praise to Last Choir Standing and BBC Breakfast, while overseas they have performed for some of the world’s greatest leaders, including Bill Clinton and two popes.
Robert Prizeman, Libera’s director and conductor, comments: “The team at Ely made us extremely welcome at last year’s concert, so we are very much looking forward to returning. “With its magnificent architecture and mystical acoustic, Ely Cathedral, is the perfect setting for our boys to perform in.”
You may also want to watch:
Tickets for the concert are now on sale from Ely Cathedral Box Office and cost £35 or £25, with special concessions for seniors and students.
They can be obtained by calling 01353 660349 or emailing email@example.com, or by booking online from www.elycathedral.org/events.
- 1 Motion calls for community housing review in four villages
- 2 Father-of-five murdered due to 'drug deal dispute gone wrong'
- 3 WATCH: The Fens celebrates its own 'Ark of Triumph'
- 4 Over 100 modern slavery victims rescued in Cambridgeshire
- 5 Man found dead in March
- 6 Jail for 'despicable' burglary on 93-year-old man with dementia
- 7 MP oversees climate change mock debate at Ely College
- 8 Church to hold churchyards training day
- 9 HMO or flats divide councils but what happens to rest of hotel?
- 10 Pubs team up to raise £3,500 for British Heart Foundation
The show will take place on May 12.