Date is set for charity Walk the Bridge event on Ely southern bypass next month
- Credit: Archant
A unique opportunity to walk the length of the Ely southern bypass in aid of charity before it officially opens will take place on October 14.
The Walk the Bridge event by the Ely branch of Macmillan Cancer Support will see dozens take to the highway to preview the major project and donate to a worthy cause.
The bypass will ease congestion in and around Ely by providing a new link between Stuntney Causeway and Angel Drove.
Using only the Stuntney causeway entrance, there will be parking on Amherst playing field courtesy of Kings Ely.
There will be shuttle buses from there to the start.
You may also want to watch:
Organisers have asked if possible, if people living the Ely side of the railway crossing to make their own way, as the road after the railway crossing will be stewarded.
No need to register, just come and see Ely from a different angle.
- 1 Illegal poachers stopped in their tracks by eagle-eyed public
- 2 Dramatic pictures catch harvester on fire in 4am blaze
- 3 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 4 Mosque trust named RIBA client of the year 2021
- 5 Police investigation after village pavilion covered in graffiti
- 6 8 of the best shows coming to Cambridgeshire in November
- 7 Police pursuit of suspected hare coursers ends in success
- 8 Fireworks join Christmas lights on the Covid cancelled list for Ely
- 9 Meet the star cast of Christmas pantomime Sleeping Beauty
- 10 Rats are causing 'abhorrent situation' in town, admits councillor
For more information call Ava Paice on 01638 721526.