Date is set for charity Walk the Bridge event on Ely southern bypass next month
- Credit: Archant
A unique opportunity to walk the length of the Ely southern bypass in aid of charity before it officially opens will take place on October 14.
The Walk the Bridge event by the Ely branch of Macmillan Cancer Support will see dozens take to the highway to preview the major project and donate to a worthy cause.
The bypass will ease congestion in and around Ely by providing a new link between Stuntney Causeway and Angel Drove.
Using only the Stuntney causeway entrance, there will be parking on Amherst playing field courtesy of Kings Ely.
There will be shuttle buses from there to the start.
Organisers have asked if possible, if people living the Ely side of the railway crossing to make their own way, as the road after the railway crossing will be stewarded.
No need to register, just come and see Ely from a different angle.
- 1 Chapel conversion withdrawn following stinging rebuke
- 2 Both drivers seriously injured after head on crash
- 3 Village farm buildings targeted in arson attack
- 4 Councillors left disappointed as decision made on £37m station project
- 5 Have you seen Harry Gibson? He's wanted by police
- 6 Top roles confirmed at council owned housing firm
- 7 'Rubberneckers' cause second crash trying to view overturned lorry
- 8 Two women fighting for life after A141 crash
- 9 Popular food and leisure hub plans win over planners
- 10 Three officers commended for 2021 Boat Race policing
For more information call Ava Paice on 01638 721526.