Date is set for charity Walk the Bridge event on Ely southern bypass next month
- Credit: Archant
A unique opportunity to walk the length of the Ely southern bypass in aid of charity before it officially opens will take place on October 14.
The Walk the Bridge event by the Ely branch of Macmillan Cancer Support will see dozens take to the highway to preview the major project and donate to a worthy cause.
The bypass will ease congestion in and around Ely by providing a new link between Stuntney Causeway and Angel Drove.
Using only the Stuntney causeway entrance, there will be parking on Amherst playing field courtesy of Kings Ely.
There will be shuttle buses from there to the start.
Organisers have asked if possible, if people living the Ely side of the railway crossing to make their own way, as the road after the railway crossing will be stewarded.
No need to register, just come and see Ely from a different angle.
- 1 'He saved my life' - Karolina thanks optician after spotting unknown brain tumour
- 2 Two suffer serious injuries after A10 crash
- 3 Baby murder trial hears mother joked tot self-harmed
- 4 Jail for fraudulent accountant who tried to steal £200k of employer’s money
- 5 Man subjected to 'unprovoked attack' at village pavilion
- 6 Cyclist in hospital with life-threatening injuries after crash
- 7 New cops truck catches out law-breaking drivers in successful week
- 8 Bank cards, electrical items and jewellery stolen in burglary
- 9 Knife attack man hid over £3,500 of drugs at mum's home
- 10 Father and son accused of man's murder set to stand trial this summer
For more information call Ava Paice on 01638 721526.