Charity To Host Midnight Walk
THE Sue Ryder Care charity in Ely is calling local women to come forward and join in with the most exciting fund-raising event of the year. The charity will host its first women-only sponsored Midnight Walk on August to raise money for charity, which is b
THE Sue Ryder Care charity in Ely is calling local women to come forward and join in with the most exciting fund-raising event of the year.
The charity will host its first women-only sponsored Midnight Walk on August to raise money for charity, which is based at the Old Palace in Ely.
Fund-raiser Hayley Newton, said: 'You can walk in memory of a friend or relative, to keep fit or simply as a way to do something different on a Saturday night. Whatever your reason you will be helping generate vital funds for Sue Ryder Care at the Old Palace. We rely on voluntary donations for the majority of our running costs so this is a great opportunity to have a great evening and raise money at the same time."
The Midnight Walk will start at the Old Palace and follow a 10km circular route to through Ely. Participants will enjoy a real party atmosphere with a big group warm up prior to the walk. Walkers will also receive T-shirts and a well deserved medal and goody bag on the finishing line.
You may also want to watch:
INFO: Sue Ryder Care supports people, their families and friends affected by conditions including cancer, stroke, brain injury, Multiple Sclerosis, dementia, Huntington's disease, Parkinson's disease and Motor Neurone disease".
Entry is �12. For more information and entry forms, contact 01353 663357 or email Hayley.email@example.com. Alternatively you can also apply online at www.suerydercare.org/midnightwalks.
- 1 Did you go to Newmarket Nights? Spot yourself in our gallery
- 2 Residents told 'not to approach' illegal encampment
- 3 Not breaking news: Vicar with a vision, illegal fishing, workhouses and fork theft
- 4 SAS ‘original’ Reg Seekings to feature in book
- 5 Sweet Caroline and a dodgy knee - review of Olly Murs at Newmarket Nights
- 6 Jail for 'predator' who raped vulnerable woman in children's play park
- 7 Knife attack man jailed for 10 years over £20 'debt'
- 8 Town rallies in fight for new hospital
- 9 Blush crowned best bridal shop in Cambs
- 10 ‘Distressed cries’ of beagles fuel animal research unit protest
The fund-raising team would also be delighted to hear from anyone who would like to volunteer on the night as a marshal, contact 01353 663357.