More than £12,000 raised for mental health charity by Ely City Golf Club
- Credit: Archant
Kind-hearted golfers in Ely handed over more than £12,000 to a mental health charity.
Ely City Golf Club captains Greg Davidson and Marion Hough presented the cheque to CPSL Mind representative Zoe Doherty.
Zoe was completely overwhelmed, stating that this was one of the largest donations they have ever received.
The two captains are to be succeeded by Stanley Nixon and Anne Mitchell, who have chosen to raise funds for both EACH and the Prader-Willi Syndrome Association.
CPSL promote positive wellbeing across our communities and we campaign against the stigma & discrimination faced by so many people experiencing mental health challenges.
You may also want to watch:
Ely City Golf Club is renowned for its welcoming approach to golfers of all abilities and there are competitive and friendly golfing opportunities.
Two bars, a restaurant area and raised patio area with extensive views across the course are relaxed, friendly environments - ideal for socialising with golfing friends, family and business colleagues.
- 1 'I feel alive for the first time': Slimmer lost half his body weight in lockdown
- 2 Plans revealed for new A10 pedestrian bridge
- 3 Binmen revolt over alleged bullying, poor pay, low morale and staffing crisis
- 4 Woman pedestrian in her 50s killed in guided busway crash
- 5 Man charged over death threats to deputy Labour leader Angela Rayner
- 6 Cambridgeshire hospitals busy and staff tired and abused
- 7 Memorial stone for Cambridge student laid hidden in undergrowth for 80 years
- 8 Matt’s 46-day charity cycle from Burwell to Istanbul raises over £2,000
- 9 Ely Cathedral hosts legendary jockey Frankie Dettori's only book signing
- 10 Crews tackle huge Fens blaze