Flower club raffle and plant sales raise £230 for Fen House in Ely
- Credit: Archant
Ely Flower Club raised £230 for brain injury centre Fen House after holding a charity raffle and selling plants.
More than 116 members and visitors raised £180 from the raffle and £50 was raised through sales of plants, vases and flower sundries.
They were donated by John Bent.
A cheque for £230 was presented to Roxanne Rolland and Lisa Thompson at Fen House, in Lynn Road, by Margaret Dooling, chairman and Patricia Simmonds, programme secretary.
The total raised for 2019 is £380.
The club said they were "so pleased to have raised this amount for a very worthy local cause".
Fen House look after up to 25 people who have suffered often horrific brain injuries from car accidents, falls or medical conditions.
- 1 EastEnders star Adam Woodyatt ‘to work at restaurant in Cambridgeshire’
- 2 Inferno BBQ to be occupied by sister company Forbidden Burger Co
- 3 Cambridge: Police officer had surgery after sex offender drove car at them
- 4 Middlesbrough couple found in Cambs with drugs worth around £37,000
- 5 'Gas engineer' reportedly stole two phones and a purse in Haddenham
- 6 See inside this £1.7m country house with its own lake near Ely
- 7 Can you answer these 10 GCSE questions designed for 16-year-olds?
- 8 Superintendent dons rainbow helmet against hate crime on #IDAHOBIT
- 9 Village café battles Covid-19 delays to raise over £1,700
- 10 Inside the £165,000 luxury river boat for sale in the Fens
They rely on donations from the public for activities and resources to continue to carry out the work they do.
They were this year's Ely Hero Awards chosen charity.