Flower club raffle and plant sales raise £230 for Fen House in Ely
- Credit: Archant
Ely Flower Club raised £230 for brain injury centre Fen House after holding a charity raffle and selling plants.
More than 116 members and visitors raised £180 from the raffle and £50 was raised through sales of plants, vases and flower sundries.
They were donated by John Bent.
A cheque for £230 was presented to Roxanne Rolland and Lisa Thompson at Fen House, in Lynn Road, by Margaret Dooling, chairman and Patricia Simmonds, programme secretary.
The total raised for 2019 is £380.
You may also want to watch:
The club said they were "so pleased to have raised this amount for a very worthy local cause".
Fen House look after up to 25 people who have suffered often horrific brain injuries from car accidents, falls or medical conditions.
- 1 HGV crashes into car damaged in earlier incident
- 2 Our archives reveal the 'crackpot' idea to re-open disused rail lines
- 3 Caravan wedged under Fens rail bridge
- 4 Rowdy passengers force train cancellation
- 5 See photos of the intricate final stages of the Huntingdon Viaduct removal
- 6 Daughter sets fire to father's bedroom after food outrage
- 7 7 questions that could decide if you truly are from the Fens
- 8 Police buy clothes for Iranian children rescued from lorry
- 9 Sparkling sake brewery launches in Ely
- 10 Drunk driver failed to spot police car parked next to her
They rely on donations from the public for activities and resources to continue to carry out the work they do.
They were this year's Ely Hero Awards chosen charity.