Rocking fundraising success for charity by Ely band
- Credit: Archant
A group of talented musicians in Ely handed over £2,500 to help sponsor a puppy for a year.
The Rocking Ukuleles presented a cheque to a representative of Dogs For Good and her assistance dog Nelson.
The charity creates partnerships between people living with disability and specially trained assistance dogs.
The ukulele enthusiasts raised the money throughout the year, by performing charity gigs and holding fundraising events.
The amount will be enough to sponsor a puppy for one year.
You may also want to watch:
The presentation took place on Monday February 18.
The group of ukulele enthusiasts play for charity events and concerts around Ely and Cambridgeshire.
- 1 Crews tackle huge Fens blaze
- 2 Woman has heart attack and dies in ambulance waiting for a hospital bed
- 3 Fundraiser for mum with terminal cancer to 'have a good Christmas with her family'
- 4 Crash driver flees leaving female passenger injured
- 5 'I think I hurt him bad mum' says Murder on the Doorstep killer
- 6 £330,000 fraudster burning evidence as police raid his home
- 7 ‘I’m Lovin It’ burglars caught by McDonald's trip
- 8 Stanley, 95, publishes first book to beat lockdown blues
- 9 Residents asked to share ideas on how improve cycling and walking in East Cambs town
- 10 Of all the places in all the city to park an uninsured 4x4
Their ‘Bring Me Sunshine’ outdoor concert raised more than £1,000 for charity in 2017.
They are always ready to make people smile and sway with their well-loved rocking songs and the club now has over 100 members.