Charity Event For Nicole Wilson Raises �650
LEADS (Littleport, Ely and District Spiritualists) organised a charity event in aid of the Nicole Wilson Trust on September 27 at the village hall in Littleport. Barbara Price and Chantelle Coupland gave their services as mediums for the evening and �650
LEADS (Littleport, Ely and District Spiritualists) organised a charity event in aid of the Nicole Wilson Trust on September 27 at the village hall in Littleport. Barbara Price and Chantelle Coupland gave their services as mediums for the evening and �650 (including a donation from church funds) was raised for the Trust. The hall was packed with more than 90 people attending, and everyone had a good time with many great pieces of evidence being given to the recipients.
Nicole, 18, contracted meningitis whilst on holiday in Cyprus last year. She has lost partial sight of one eye, most of her finger ends and both her legs have been amputated below the knees. She has endured 22 operations to date, and with such severe kidney damage now has to have dialysis three times a week whilst awaiting a kidney transplant.
The Nicole Wilson Trust has been opened to enable fund-raisers to help Nicole to have prosthetic legs made, at a cost of approximately �50,000, which will need replacing every two to three years.
The money raised by LEADS was handed to Nicole's parents on October 20 during an evening spent with Nicole's parents. They had thoroughly enjoyed their evening and were amazed at the way the mediums worked.
You may also want to watch:
President of the church, Wendie Perry, said: "It was a pleasure to meet Nicole, such an inspirational and determined young woman with a lovely family and I would urge anyone out there who can help Nicole achieve her aim to please do so by contacting: email@example.com".
From left: Medium Barbara Price, Nicole Wilson, Wendie Perry and Chantelle Coupland another medium who helped raise �650 for the Nicole Wilson Trust.
- 1 BBC camera crews hosted by Ely Business Park during Boat Race
- 2 Wildlife-loving boy, 9, saves six abandoned ducklings
- 3 Sheep saved after taking short-cut on busy rail line
- 4 Lorry driver jailed for causing fatal A505 crash
- 5 More anti-Semitic graffiti appears in Ely
- 6 Bodybuilding world champion raises £540 ahead of charity beauty pageant
- 7 'We plotted our downfall' admits boss after five-goal cup thriller
- 8 Artist's poignant painting in memory of HRH Prince Philip
- 9 Charity chief executive raises £646 by running 252 miles in 71 days
- 10 Letters: Bishop's prayer, bell salute, litter problems and search for family