Charity car boot in Fordham to raise money for Macmillan Cancer Care
- Credit: Archant
Fordham Car Boot Sales is holding a charity event in aid of Macmillan Cancer Care this Sunday (14).
Organiser Richard Taylor said: “We have raised tens of thousands for various local and national charities over the years.
“So whether you are buying or selling come along and have a great day.”
Having been a business for more than 20 years, it is one of the largest car boot sales in the area and is held every two weeks between Easter and October.
Starting at 7am and ending at 1pm, pitches cost £8 per car and £10/£15 for trailers and vans depending on size.
You may also want to watch:
Fordham Car Boot Sales can be found on the A142 between Newmarket and Ely has been going for over 20 years.
For buyers entry is free, there is easy access for all, disabled parking and toilets. Dogs are always welcome on a lead.
- 1 Rowdy passengers force train cancellation
- 2 Sparkling sake brewery launches in Ely
- 3 Daughter sets fire to father's bedroom after food outrage
- 4 Man, 20, rapes woman as she slept, court told
- 5 7 questions that could decide if you truly are from the Fens
- 6 Police buy clothes for Iranian children rescued from lorry
- 7 Child rapist from St Ives has been jailed after abuse
- 8 Woman delighted to finally be a mum after infertility heartache
- 9 St Neots murder to feature in 24 Hours in Police Custody
- 10 Teen rape case prompts city market safety review
There is also lots of attractions for children including food stalls, ice cream vans, plant, fruit and vegetable stalls and a mobile butcher – “there is some thing for all the family” says Richard.
“A few tips for sellers: pack your car up the day before, arrive between 6.30am and 8.30am, a table and clothes rack are useful for displaying your goods, bring some bags and lots of change.
“We have thousands of potential buyers looking at your goods you should have a successful and enjoyable day.”
For more information visit www.fordhamcarbootsales.co.uk or call 07836 359502.