Charity Bike Riders Raise Hundreds Of Pounds For Charity
A CHARITY bike ride carried out by a group of local riders has raised hundreds of pounds for two charities. More than 30 riders from the Big Hearted Charity Bikers group took part in a weekend of fund-raising events including a marathon ride from Little D
A CHARITY bike ride carried out by a group of local riders has raised hundreds of pounds for two charities.
More than 30 riders from the Big Hearted Charity Bikers group took part in a weekend of fund-raising events including a marathon ride from Little Downham to Great Yarmouth and an endurance go-kart race.
The group, led by co-founder and event organiser, Paul Badcock, were aiming to raise as much money as possible for both CLIC Sargent and the Addenbrooke's Charitable Trust, and Mr Badcock was delighted with how much they were able to raise.
"The ride to Yarmouth was great I am still collecting lots of the sponsorship money, he said.
You may also want to watch:
"There were more than 30 of us on the day and I'm sure we have all done well and collected hundreds of pounds for the charities."
Mr Badcock decided to embark on the ride as a 'thank-you' to the two charities for the help and support they provided to his godson, Joshua Hinchliffe, who is battling cancer for the second time since 2007.
- 1 Lib Dems score notable successes in East Cambridgeshire
- 2 Littleport tops poll for the lowest turnout in council elections
- 3 Election shock: Tories lose overall control of Cambridgeshire County Council
- 4 Stagecoach suspends Milton park and ride
- 5 Everything you need to know about Mad Hatters eco festival
- 6 Election 2021: Counting gets under way in East Cambridgeshire
- 7 Second World War and SAS hero remembered with new street signs
- 8 30 East Cambs candidates compete for 8 Cambridgshire County council seats
- 9 Death crash driver who fled is jailed
- 10 Man, 27, punched schoolchildren and women in unprovoked attack
The group set out from Little Downham on Saturday morning (July 9) on the road to Great Yarmouth via Hunstanton. On the way back from the coast the following morning, the group stopped at Red Lodge Karting for a two-and-a-half endurance race.
Anyone wishing to donate to The Big Hearted Charity Bikers can visit www.bigheartedchairtybikers.btik.com
Ride organisers Ian Barnes, Andy King and Baggy. 8626HD0709 Photo: HELEN DRAKE