Charity Bike Riders Raise Hundreds Of Pounds For Charity
A CHARITY bike ride carried out by a group of local riders has raised hundreds of pounds for two charities. More than 30 riders from the Big Hearted Charity Bikers group took part in a weekend of fund-raising events including a marathon ride from Little D
A CHARITY bike ride carried out by a group of local riders has raised hundreds of pounds for two charities.
More than 30 riders from the Big Hearted Charity Bikers group took part in a weekend of fund-raising events including a marathon ride from Little Downham to Great Yarmouth and an endurance go-kart race.
The group, led by co-founder and event organiser, Paul Badcock, were aiming to raise as much money as possible for both CLIC Sargent and the Addenbrooke's Charitable Trust, and Mr Badcock was delighted with how much they were able to raise.
"The ride to Yarmouth was great I am still collecting lots of the sponsorship money, he said.
You may also want to watch:
"There were more than 30 of us on the day and I'm sure we have all done well and collected hundreds of pounds for the charities."
Mr Badcock decided to embark on the ride as a 'thank-you' to the two charities for the help and support they provided to his godson, Joshua Hinchliffe, who is battling cancer for the second time since 2007.
- 1 Eight page enforcement notice wrapped round giant cuppa
- 2 Jail for 'predator' who raped vulnerable woman in children's play park
- 3 Fire crews called to stables building blaze
- 4 7 of the most expensive houses on the market in Cambridgeshire right now
- 5 Marathon runner passes through Cambs on route to Kathmandu
- 6 'It was as if Covid didn't exist' - Latitude-goers report positive tests
- 7 Threatening domestic abuser tracked and assaulted ex partner of 10 years
- 8 Handcuffed duo prepare to make London Marathon history
- 9 Hundreds sign petition in support of pub's cup of positivi-tea
- 10 Man with rare heart condition shares how free location app saved his life
The group set out from Little Downham on Saturday morning (July 9) on the road to Great Yarmouth via Hunstanton. On the way back from the coast the following morning, the group stopped at Red Lodge Karting for a two-and-a-half endurance race.
Anyone wishing to donate to The Big Hearted Charity Bikers can visit www.bigheartedchairtybikers.btik.com
Ride organisers Ian Barnes, Andy King and Baggy. 8626HD0709 Photo: HELEN DRAKE