Dozens of charities set to benefit from thousands raised at 2017 Soham Carnival
- Credit: Archant
A host of local charities and causes have received a big boost thanks to Soham Carnival.
This year’s carnival raised a whopping £6,500 which will be divided between over a dozen charities with the bulk of the cash going to the St Andrews Soham Swimming Pool Association.
The money will be used towards maintenance and upkeep of the public pool.
Other charities that will benefit from this summer’s event include the East Anglian Air Ambulance, Soham First Responders, Pos+ability, Soham Playgroup and Soham United FC.
Next year’s carnival will take place on Monday May 28 at Soham recreation ground.
You may also want to watch:
A carnival spokesman said: “You can keep up to date with information on our Facebook page and if you like to get involved with the next event, the annual AGM is to be held on Wednesday November 8 at Soham Town Rangers Football Club (Julius Martin Lane) at 7.30pm.
“You can also email firstname.lastname@example.org.”
- 1 Binmen revolt over alleged bullying, poor pay, low morale and staffing crisis
- 2 Woman pedestrian in her 50s killed in guided busway crash
- 3 Woman has heart attack and dies in ambulance waiting for a hospital bed
- 4 Ely Cathedral hosts legendary jockey Frankie Dettori's only book signing
- 5 Retired murder detective, Russell, releases first book in new crime series
- 6 £330,000 fraudster burning evidence as police raid his home
- 7 'I think I hurt him bad mum' says Murder on the Doorstep killer
- 8 Could we face coronavirus restrictions over Christmas?
- 9 Three charged after £2m Hotpoint arson attack
- 10 Covid-19 vaccine myths ‘biggest challenge’ in progress