Good causes can get funding from car parking event that raised more than £30,000 last year
- Credit: Archant
Local good causes can apply for funds from a charity car parking event which raised more than £30,000 last year.
The Rotary Club of Cambridge South is looking for charitable groups to take a share of funds from this year's charity car parking event, which will take place in December.
The group, along with help from Cambridge University, man car parks in the centre of Cambridge for the public to help ease the parking shortage during
the Christmas shopping rush.
Last year more than £30,000 was raised with funds usually distributed in amounts of £250 to £3,000.
You may also want to watch:
The application process is currently open, but time is running out with the deadline of September 30.
Project co-ordinator, David Ellis, said: "We are really keen to hear from organisations we have supported in the past, and those we have yet to support."
- 1 Plans revealed for new A10 pedestrian bridge
- 2 'I feel alive for the first time': Slimmer lost half his body weight in lockdown
- 3 Binmen revolt over alleged bullying, poor pay, low morale and staffing crisis
- 4 Woman pedestrian in her 50s killed in guided busway crash
- 5 Man charged over death threats to deputy Labour leader Angela Rayner
- 6 Cambridgeshire hospitals busy and staff tired and abused
- 7 Memorial stone for Cambridge student laid hidden in undergrowth for 80 years
- 8 Matt’s 46-day charity cycle from Burwell to Istanbul raises over £2,000
- 9 Ely Cathedral hosts legendary jockey Frankie Dettori's only book signing
- 10 Woman has heart attack and dies in ambulance waiting for a hospital bed
He added: "We support a wide range of organisations, who all do such incredible work in our community."
The application form can be found on the club's website at www.rotary-ribi.org/clubs/page.php?PgID=536600&ClubID=500
The completed form, with enclosures, should be returned to: David.email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org