Charge of the pupil brigade! Students arrived in tank for Soham Village College prom
- Credit: Archant
The sight of a 30-ton tank rolling up the tarmac at Soham Village College made for very nervous teachers on Friday night.
But it was all in good fun as students arrived at the Sand Street school for their end-of-school prom.
A 19th century fire engine and Second World War Land Rover caught the eye, but it was the vintage tank, complete with mounted gun, charging up towards the school that really set tongues wagging.
Dozens of Year 11 students put on their best bow ties, suits and dresses for the annual end of year bash.
Arriving in style has become as important as wearing the right outfit to teenagers in recent years and there was no shortage of spectacular vehicles on show as a crowd of well-wishes looked on.
Even the inclement weather didn’t dampen spirits as pupils arrived in a stunning array of super cars, limousines and classic vehicles.
- 1 Man in 50s dies after medical incident in field
- 2 Man caught red-handed after series of drug raids
- 3 Eco-home will be icing on the cake for 'Good Life' couple
- 4 'Shocking' abuse left partner 'vulnerable and afraid'
- 5 Man in 30s dead, two arrested on suspicion of murder in Norfolk town
- 6 'She had her whole life ahead of her': Charity skydive in memory of fatal crash victim
- 7 Cash machines stolen in ram raid at Tesco in Brandon
- 8 Plea to give beloved Reba 'best fighting chance'
- 9 Murder suspects continue to be quizzed as detectives seek CCTV
- 10 Baby murder trial jury told birth referred to safeguarding team