Charge of the pupil brigade! Students arrived in tank for Soham Village College prom
- Credit: Archant
The sight of a 30-ton tank rolling up the tarmac at Soham Village College made for very nervous teachers on Friday night.
But it was all in good fun as students arrived at the Sand Street school for their end-of-school prom.
A 19th century fire engine and Second World War Land Rover caught the eye, but it was the vintage tank, complete with mounted gun, charging up towards the school that really set tongues wagging.
Dozens of Year 11 students put on their best bow ties, suits and dresses for the annual end of year bash.
Arriving in style has become as important as wearing the right outfit to teenagers in recent years and there was no shortage of spectacular vehicles on show as a crowd of well-wishes looked on.
You may also want to watch:
Even the inclement weather didn’t dampen spirits as pupils arrived in a stunning array of super cars, limousines and classic vehicles.
- 1 Illegal poachers stopped in their tracks by eagle-eyed public
- 2 Dramatic pictures catch harvester on fire in 4am blaze
- 3 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 4 Mosque trust named RIBA client of the year 2021
- 5 Police investigation after village pavilion covered in graffiti
- 6 8 of the best shows coming to Cambridgeshire in November
- 7 Police pursuit of suspected hare coursers ends in success
- 8 Fireworks join Christmas lights on the Covid cancelled list for Ely
- 9 US jets to practice flypast over Suffolk this morning
- 10 Meet the star cast of Christmas pantomime Sleeping Beauty