Chaplain accused of possessing indecent images of children sent to crown court
- Credit: Archant
A former Cambridgeshire police chaplain appeared in court on Wednesday charged with making and possessing indecent images and perverting the course of justice.
Stephen Talbot, 62, of Main Street, Little Downham, who was previously based at force headquarters, in Huntingdon, appeared at Cambridge Magistrates’ Court.
He did not enter a plea and was committed to Cambridge Crown Court, where he will appear on November 12. He was granted conditional bail.
It is alleged that, on October 1, Talbot made 14 indecent images of children and had four indecent images of children in his possession.
It is also alleged that, on September 30, Talbot intended to pervert the course of justice by removing a hard drive from his computer, smashing it and depositing it in bins.
You may also want to watch:
A spokesman for Cambridgeshire police, said that Talbot resigned from his role supporting the force.
- 1 Dr Nik 'over the moon' after pulling off shock Labour victory
- 2 Lib Dems score notable successes in East Cambridgeshire
- 3 Dr Nik Johnson elected Mayor of Cambridgeshire and Peterborough.
- 4 Stagecoach suspends Milton park and ride
- 5 Littleport tops poll for the lowest turnout in council elections
- 6 Drink driver TWICE rammed off-duty officers' car
- 7 Voters 'given a clear indication that they wish for us to try and run the council'
- 8 Death crash driver who fled is jailed
- 9 Farm shop receives 'overwhelming' response ahead of opening
- 10 30 East Cambs candidates compete for 8 Cambridgshire County council seats